Ch. 26~ But Dreams Only Last For A Night

~Emma's POV~

"Hey, Ryan!" CeCe called as we entered the small coffee shop.

"Hey, girls!" He called, looking up from his laptop.

First, we all ordered a coffee or tea at the counter. Then, we all crowded around the booth he was in, finding spots at the table. CeCe and I went back up to get everyone's beverage and pay. Everyone grabbed their drinks and began sipping them, intently listening to Ryan.

"So, I have an idea for this one. I definitely have the verses down, music included. I have an idea on how the chorus should sound, but that's up to you guys," Ryan said.

"I still can't believe we are writing with you," Emily mumbled.

"Honestly, I'm so glad to be writing with you guys. I had found you guys on YouTube in late November and thought you two were pretty talented. So, once I had the chance to meet and work with you guys, I took it," He smirked.

"I feel so cool," I smiled and made weird hand gestures.

"Sorry, she's awkward," Kaitlyn and the others laughed.

"So, I was thinking we could a music video with this one. I won't be there to film it, but I know some people that will. I was thinking this one could be when you guys are on tour," Ryan said.

"Sure, that sounds great," I agreed.

"We'll work the details out later. Right now, lets go finish writing this," Ryan put his stuff back in his laptop bag.

We all walked outside, heading towards the room in Syco we were granted to use. It was a pretty large room with a couch, a couple chairs, a mini fridge and across the room was a small recording booth.

Pretty big, right?

"Ok, so, this is guitar part for Burcham over here," Ryan grinned as he picked up an electric guitar.

Yes, time for some louder stuff.

He played the intro for my part which was pretty loud. Yay. He handed me the guitar and showed me what to play. He moved onto the others as I practiced my part for the intro. Soon, we were all playing it together.

For the first two measures, I played by myself. Then, the others joined in for 4 more measures. It sounded amazing. We practiced that for awhile and then Ryan taught us the melody for the verses. We all practiced that together and it sounded catchy. I had a feeling this one would be good.

"Kaitlyn, you're gonna sing this," Ryan handed her a piece of paper with the lyrics.

"Can you show me how it goes?" She asked.

"Yeah, here," he grabbed the paper and began singing. "Caught in a cold sweat/ stuck splitting hairs/ I'm drinking to much/ I'm on my way to striking out/ Go to sleep with the pressure of everyone/ watching and waiting/ they're yours for the taking/ but I still have my doubts."

"Ok, I think I got it," She smiled.

She grabbed the paper and headed to the opposite corner, practicing it.

"Emily!" Ryan called in a funny voice.

"What?" We all laughed.

"I got one for you," He grinned at her. "It's short but I have more for you, later."

"That's fine, but can you show me?" She asked.

"Yep, it goes: before you pick which way to go/ remember where you've been. Simple, right?" He asked.

"Yep, thank you!" She quietly hummed it to herself a few times.

"And since you, my friend, are amazing. We are going to work on the chorus," Ryan grinned.

"Ok, any ideas?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have a thought on the music, but couldn't think of any lyrics." Ryan played the melody on the guitar.

"Hmmm," I hummed, mimicking his movements.

We sat there, thinking of the chorus.

"I got it," I smirked.

"Damn," He muttered as we both laughed.

"Ok, so, what about: stay awake/ get a grip and get out your safe/ from the weight of the world/ just take/ a second to set things straight/ I'll be fine/ even though I'm not always right/ I can count on the sun to shine/ dedication takes a lifetime/ but dreams only last for a night," I sang.

"You are a fucking genius!" He yelled, writing down the lyrics.

"Well, thank you," I laughed as I spoke.

"Guys, I gotta go. But, we'll figure everything out tomorrow," Ryan said as he checked his watch.

"See ya!" We all called.

"You girls' relax tonight. Go have fun with your boys!" He called as he left the studio.

"Guys, lets pack up. Ashton texted me, said there's a van outside. Lets pack up!" CeCe called.

Everyone began grabbing all of their belongings. We all hauled our stuff down to the front doors and into the trunk of the van. We took out seats in the back seat, shaking the snow out of our hair.

"Ok, girls, I was informed to take you to Niall's house," a familiar voice spoke.

"Wait, you're Paul!" I yelled, recognising him.

"Yes, ma'am," He smiled.

"Why Niall's house?" CeCe asked.

"The 5SOS boys are already there. A party or something," Paul informed us. "You ready?"

"Hell yeah!"

A/N: the song is Stay Awake by All Time Low ~Emma