Ch. 33~ Just A Friendly Kiss

~Michael's POV~

We all stepped into the large restaurant, immediately getting glares from the older people around us. They obviously didn't think a group of teenagers dressed in skinny jeans and jean jackets belonged here.

"Guys!" Louis called,waving his hand. "Over here!"

We all made our way over to the tables they were at. Damn, there was a lot of us. Lou and her family was here, the 1D guys were here, the band (Josh, Dan, Sandy and Jon), and the girlfriends. Plus us!

"How are you?" Harry had asked us.

"We are all nervous, but besides that nothing really!" Ashton answered.

"Oh! Emma's a little sick. Literally just came while we were stuck in traffic!" CeCe had answered.

Emma laughed a bit and shook her head. I noticed her nose ring glint in the dim light of the restaurant. God, she was beautiful. I had fucked up, big time.

The day after Harry's party, I had woken up in my room with no clothes on and a note laying on the pillow next to me. It was from some girl named Audrey; said she had a great time and left her number. I didn't even remember anything. Ashton said I had consumed a lot of alcohol at the club and started dancing with this girl. Next thing he knew, I had her in my bedroom.

Great.

My phone, which was buzzing in my pocket, pulled me out of my thoughts. It was a text from Niall.

The Craic 🍀: What's wrong? :(

Me: Nothing! :) Why?

The Craic 🍀: You seem out of it

Me: Just stressed and tired!

The Craic 🍀: Do you like her?

Me: Emma? No! Why?

The Craic 🍀: Yes you do. I didn't even say her name!

Me: Is it that obvious?

The Craic 🍀: No ;)

Me: Then how can you tell!

The Craic 🍀: I've seen the way you look at her! I think she likes you too! ;)

Me: Even if she did, I blew it.

The Craic 🍀: I heard about that. :( Just keep your head up! Now, lets order. Btw, the wine's on me ;)

I laughed a bit and tucked my phone back into my pocket. I untucked the blue button-down shirt and saw Niall wink at me as I looked up. Then, the waitress came around and took everyone's orders, leaving wine glasses at our places. I simply ordered spaghetti and meatballs, because that's the only thing I knew on the menu.

"So, what did you order?" Emma asked, looking over my shoulder.

"Oh, ugh, spaghetti and meatballs," I informed her.

"Really? That's what I got!" She smiled.

"Yeah, well, that's the only thing I knew on the menu." I laughed.

"Me too!" She squealed and laughed along with me.

Everyone conversed with the different people around the table. Lux even crawled under the table to sit on my lap and talk to Emma and I.

Soon, our food had arrived and everyone began eating. We even had glasses of wine to sip on. Everyone hurriedly ate their food, no one taking much time to talk. We had been here since 8 o'clock, it was currently 11; everyone wanted to go home.

"Well, that was good!" Liam spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Oh my god! Yes!" We all agreed.

"The boys and I will cover it. You lot go home and rest up," Louis said and smiled. "Big day tomorrow!"

Everyone thanked the boys for paying for us tonight, then dispersed. We were going to take taxis home, but we would have waited another hour in traffic. Luke decided on walking home (since it was only fifteen minutes away), so everyone followed. Literally after two minutes, Calum and Ashton were already complaining.

"This is boring!" Ashton complained.

"Yeah!" Calum agreed. "Let's play truth or dare!"

Everyone reluctantly agreed and soon, we were stopping every minute or so on the sidewalk, waiting for someone to perform their deed. Since the weather was not as bad as it has been the last couple of days, we stopped in the park just behind our duplex building. The snow started to fall in small, little flurries. Once they landed on something, they would melt into a little puddle.

"Ashton! Truth or dare?" CeCe called.

"Truth!" He smirked at her.

"Are you scared for tomorrow?" She asked, obviously disappointed he hadn't chosen dare.

"Nervous as hell!" He replied, smiling a bit. "Ok, Michael!"

Damn him.

"Dare," I replied without thinking.

Ashton always had horrible dares.

"I dare you too...." He trailed off and thought. CeCe leaned over and whispered something in his ear. Then, he nodded his head and yelled, "Kiss Emma!"

I choked on the cold air around me and Emma tensed up next to me.

"What!" We both yelled.

"Yep, you heard us!" CeCe smirked.

I sighed and turned to face Emma, that damn nose ring glinting in the light again.

"Just a friendly kiss, right?" She asked.

"Yep," I replied. "Just a friendly kiss."

"No strings attached?" She asked.

I nodded, "No strings attached."

"Fuck it," she mumbled and looked up into my eyes.

I store into her dark green eyes, which swirled an odd combination of mischief and danger, grief and sadness, and love and hate. Our faces slowly became closer, pulling each other towards like magnets. I felt her breath against my lips.

That's when our lips finally met.

It was everything and I wanted, yet needed; familiar, yet foreign; safe, yet dangerous. It was Emma Burcham.

We broke away, our breath slightly rugged. The others cheered around us, but I could only notice her.

"Just a friendly kiss," She reminded me.

I smiled, "Just a friendly kiss."