Ch. 36~ I Fucking Love You

~Emily's POV~

I had left the room after Emma, walking through the maze of hallways. I was not following her, she could hold her own. I assumed she had needed alone time, just like me. The hallways kept going on and on, until I found a door which allowed you to exit the venue.

I exited the large stadium and leaned against the structure, sliding down until I landed on my bum. I pulled my phone back out, reading the texts over and over again from my mom.

'Your fathers been in an accident.'

'Drunk driver.'

'The other man has died. Still awaiting news on your dad.'

'Right now he's unstable and in the ICU.'

'I still can't see him.'

'Stay safe

The emotions I had held back ripped through me like a storm, coming violently and unstoppable. I immediately buried my face in my hands, the tears warm on my hands. The sobs racked my body, in loud cries, deep breaths, and breathless whispers of 'Please!' and 'Why?'.

"Emily?" I looked up at the boy who had said my name.

I knew it was Calum, his accent had given it away. I stood up and embraced him tightly, my fingers digging into his back. He held onto me tightly, his chin atop the crown of my head. I sobbed into his shirt.

"Emily? What's wrong?" He asked, keeping his arms tightly locked around me.

"Everything!" I choked out. "My dad was in an accident! A drunk driver hit him. My mom said the other man has died and my dad is unstable. He might die, Calum!"

I just started screaming incoherent words into Calum's chest as he stood there like a doll, speechless and motionless. I soon became too tired to scream anymore, so I stood in his embrace. My breathing was still very rugged and now, the tears silently streamed down my face.

"Calum, say something. Anything," I whispered.

"I'm sorry," He breathed.

"You can't be sorry!" I yelled. "You did nothing!"

"Ok, uhm, it'll be-"

"Don't you dare say it will be okay! Because dammit it won't!" I screamed. "And don't say you understand because your dad hasn't been in a situation like this! You haven't experienced this! Don't say that we'll get through this! Because we don't fucking know!"

I collapsed into his arms, sobs racking my body once again like a hurricane. He cooed into my ear incoherent things as I calmed down.

"Listen Emily," He looked into my eyes. "No, I don't understand how you feel. No, I know it's not going to be okay. But I can promise on my life, that I'll be here. You drive me crazy in the best way possible and I just love you. I fucking love you." Calum spoke, never breaking eye contact with me.

"I love you, too," I smiled.

He leaned in and kissed me with passion, a feeling I can't describe. Once we broke away, I looked into his brown eyes again. Then, I felt like maybe everything was going to be okay.

"How about we go inside. It's fucking freezing out here," He began walking in with me, his arm around my shoulder.

We connected hands as we began walking towards the back lounge, "Ya know that's the first time we told each other I love you, like for real," He smiled.

"You're right! It is," I told him.

Then I stopped, walked behind him, and jumped onto his back. He chuckled, but continued to carry me into the back lounge.

"Have you guys seen Emma?" CeCe yelled.

"I saw her leave the room like 20 minutes ago, but I don't know where she went," I replied.

"Why didn't you follow her?" CeCe snapped.

"Because I'm not a stalker...." I drifted off.

"But she can't hear and she's off on her own!" CeCe yelled at me.

"Ya know what CeCe! I'm done with this! Did you ever think about how she feels? Do you ever think what it's like for her to go out in public? Maybe she wants to be like this for awhile. She won't hear the whispers of people when she walks by! You don't understand her and you never will! None of us will! I'm positive she doesn't want to be fretted over like she is!" I yelled, then silence filled the room as CeCe stared at me.

"I'm done," I announced.

I immediately left the room, ignoring the whispers behind me. I decided on going into the bathroom, finding Emma sitting in the corner. I watched as she drew on the white walls with a sharpie. She wrote some lyrics from songs I recognized and a few doodles. I sat down next to her and she gave me a sad smile. I pulled put my phone and opened up notes.

"Whats wrong?" I typed.

"I'm just annoyed."

"Why?"

"I'm just always babied. I don't know. It drives me crazy."

"I understand."

"Really?"

"Yeah, had some health issues in the past."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Yeah. Great talk right?" I smiled as I typed.

She laughed and nodded her head. Then, I got up, held out my hand and helped her up. We began walking back to the lounge where everyone was. I saw CeCe smile as we walked in and she walked up to me.

"I'm sorry. You were right," She then hugged me and moved on to Emma.

"I did yell you I love you, right?" Calum smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yep," I smiled like an idiot. "You just fucking love me."

A/N: Please leave feedback!