Ch. 13 ~ Lost In The Echo

~Emma's POV~

We have officially been in Australia for a week!

We got here January 4th, last Friday, and now it's January 11th, today. None of the girls have gotten much sleep, neither have the guys, I guess. Two covers are up of our entire band, Broken Arrow by The Script and Dear Maria, Count Me In by All Time Low.

They both got over 800,000 views!

No one could believe it. Fanpages have started on Twitter and Instagram. We have been suggested many band names and songs to cover, but we haven't found a band name yet. Luckily, on Monday we contacted Modest! Management and they are allowing us to use our YouTube username for voting up until today.

So, that's where we are.

At Ashton's house, trying to figure out a good band name.

"Ugh, this suggestion is from someone named @jesssica98 Nobody's Hotel," Calum said, reading comments off of YouTube.

"This one is suggesting you use Beaten Of The Acute," Ashton said, also on YouTube.

"Among The Vicinity?" Luke suggested, searching through Instagram.

"Ehhh," Emily sounded. "How many names do you think we've gone through since Monday?"

"Thousands," I replied, my head in my hands.

"Hey Emma, you okay?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, just a headache," I replied.

"There's some ibuprofen in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom," Ashton said. "You want some?"

"Yeah, is it ok with you?" I asked.

"Sure, just go ahead and get it. You can grab a glass of water from the kitchen, too," Ashton replied.

I thanked him and walked towards their downstairs bathroom, grabbing a glass of water on my way. I quickly found the bottle, popped the lid off, and took two pills, downing the glass of water.

"Are you one of Ashton's friends'?" A little girls voice asked.

I turned around to see a small girl standing at the doorway looking at me.

"Yeah, I am. Are you his little sister?" I sweetly asked.

"Yeah," She shyly answered, clutching the stuffed dog in her arms tighter.

"Well," I bent down to her height, "What's your name?"

"Lauren," She answered, slightly backing away.

"My names Emma," I told her.

"That's a pretty name," She answered.

She was so shy.

"Why, thank you. I like your name, too," I told her.

She hid her face behind the stuffed dog in her arms.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her.

She nodded her head.

"You can't tell anybody, ok?" I smiled.

"Ok," She whispered.

"I like you better than Ashton," I smiled.

"Really?" She asked, her eyes lighting up.

"Yeah," I nodded my head. "Girl power!"

She giggled, "No one really likes me better than Ashton. Ashton doesn't even talk to me much."

I immediately felt bad for her. I could tell their mother was absent. I'm sure it was hard and still is on Ashton.

"Well, ya know what? Why don't you come help us figure out a band name," I suggested.

"Really? Ashton doesn't like when I talk to his friends. He just says to stop being annoying and leave him alone," She sniffled.

"It's ok. If he yells at you, blame it on me," I grabbed her smaller hand and stood up.

She nodded her head and we began walking towards their front living room. I set the empty water glass in the sink and continued the walk.

"Guys, look who I thought should join us?" I said, leading her into the room.

"Lauren, what did I tell you!" Ashton sighed.

"Actually, I brought her. I thought she could help us," I defended her.

"You'll never guess what happened while you were gone," Kaitlyn gawked, eyes wide.

"What?" I asked sitting down with Lauren next to me.

"Niall tweeted you guys!" Calum cheered.

"Not just a tweet. A band name and a note," CeCe said.

"Well, let me see!" I yelled.

Yeah, I had a crappy sliding phone. Didn't have twitter on it, but I used it on my laptop. Michael tossed me his phone.

It read: "@cece345 You guys have amazing covers, quite unique voices. Now, I suggest your band name be Lost In The Echo. Hope to see you on the tour!"

"Lost In The Echo..." I thought.

"Haven't I heard that before?" Emily asked.

"Yeah, me too!" Kaitlyn agreed.

"It's a Linkin Park song," I answered.

They all nodded their heads.

"I like it, what about you guys?" I asked.

"Yeah," They all answered.

"So, you guys are Lost In The Echo?" Luke asked.

"Get used to it, bitch," Kaitlyn answered.

"Hey! There is a small child here!" I yelled, covering Lauren's ears.

She giggled and Ashton spoke up, "Don't ever repeat that."

She nodded her head and Michael stood up saying, "This calls for a YouTube video!"

Michael grabbed his phone and began videotaping on it.

"Hey guys! Big announcement! So, our friends and fellow band mates have a band name. Yay!" Michael cheered.

He turned the camera to us and Lauren cheered, "Finally!"

"Hey missy! Sorry for my sister!" Ashton called pulling her out of the shot.

"So, we finally have a band name!" I cheered.

"It's actually one you guys have suggested," CeCe said.

"We didn't chose this one because he is famous," Emily stated, seriously.

"We are Lost!" Kaitlyn cheered.

"In!" CeCe yelled, going down the line.

"The!" Emily smiled.

"Echo!" I ended it.

"It was suggested by Niall Horan!" Kaitlyn nearly fainted.

"THE Niall Horan!" Emily yelled.

"Yeah, so if you haven't already, vote for us for 1D's opening act! Also, vote for 5 Seconds Of Summer!" CeCe cheered.

"Because we be sexy," Michael said, pointing the camera at himself.

We a laughed and I ended the video, "So go vote and tomorrow we might do a twitcam or follow spree. So, bye guys!" I cheered, as Michael ended the video.

"Let's go put it up and see what happens!"