Ch. 19~ I Saw The Knockers!

~Emma's POV~

"We got some firewood!" I called, as Kaitlyn and I set the wood down.

"What are you guys doing?" Kaitlyn asked the boys.

"Oh, ugh, we connected the tents by their zippers," Ashton answered.

"Wait, how do we get in?" Luke asked.

"Uhm..." Calum started.

"Well, damn," Michael commented as we all laughed.

I noticed CeCe and Emily had built a stone circle for the fire, so I began setting up the wood inside of it. I checked my phone to see the time, 5:37.

"Guys, wanna start dinner and then go for a swim in the lake?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're almost done," Ashton replied, somehow a fixing the tent.

The other girls came over and began getting out the food. I decided to start the fire so I placed pieces of charcoal around the wood, lighting four matches and throwing them in.

Boom, I made a fire.

Emily got out the metal sticks and CeCe put the hot dogs on them. The guys came over and everyone grabbed a stick and began roasting them over the fire. I pulled out the paper plates and set them down for when we were done cooking.

"So, we're swimming in the lake after this, right?" I asked, sitting next to Michael on the log.

"Yeah, when we get back we can do whatever we want," Michael answered.

Soon, we were all done eating and we were currently taking turns changing behind.

"Fuck!" Michael yelled.

"What?" I asked.

"Something just bit my ass!" He yelled.

We all burst out laughing, Michael cursing at us.

"Holy shit! It stings!" He screamed, running out from the tree.

"Michael! Pull your pants up!" I screamed, covering my eyes.

Michael's pants were pulled up in the front, but below his bum in the back.

"Emma, seriously! It fucking hurts!" He screamed, running around the camp with the others laughing.

"Ok, ok. Just come over here. I'll take a look," I sighed.

He stood in front of me as I squatted down.

"Damn," I commented.

"What is it?" He asked.

"There's a stinger. I'm gonna pull it. Ready? I, 2, 3!" I pulled out the stinger.

"Fuck! Damn! Shit!" He yelled, the others doubling over in laughter.

"You okay now?" I asked.

"Let's just go before you have to pull something else out of my ass," Michael said, grabbing his towel.

We all began the walk to lake, laughing about the earlier predicament. Soon, we arrived at the small lake. Our towels were set down on the little, wooden boardwalk and everyone dived in.

"So, Calum, what do you want to do since yesterday was your birthday?" Ashton asked Calum.

"Honestly, being here with you guys is enough," He smiled.

We all smiled and hugged him. Everyone soon got to swimming in the lake, participating in chicken fights. After about 2 hours everyone was getting cold. We all got out of the lake and began drying off, heading back towards the camp.

"I'm going to go change," I said, grabbing my clothes and heading to the tree.

I began changing when I realised I didn't have a shirt. Suddenly, Michael was laughing with the other boys.

"Michael!" I called.

"Yes?" He snickered.

"Give me my shirt," I calmly spoke.

"Never," He teased.

I put one arm over my breasts and ran out from the tree.

"Get your ass over here, Clifford!" I yelled, running after him.

I tackled him and we rolled down the hill together.

"Shit!" I yelled, covering my breasts again.

"Oh my god! I saw them! I saw the knockers!" He screamed.

"If you didn't take my shirt, maybe you wouldn't have!" I screamed, honestly angry at him.

I quickly slipped on the shirt and walked away, fuming. I don't know why I was so mad. I just was. I grabbed my cinch bag and walked the short distance to the campground bathrooms. I locked the stall door behind me and tamed the Red Sea, I guess you could say. Then, I pulled my iPod and Sony headphones out. I put on all of the OneRepublic songs I had and closed my eyes.

After about 4 songs, I heard loud yelling and pounding on the stall door. I took off my headphones and realised it was Michael.

"What do you want, Michael?" I bitterly asked, I didn't even know why.

"Why are you so mad at me?" He asked.

"I don't know, I just am. Ok?" I replied, shoving my iPod into the pocket of my sweatpants.

"Well, can we talk? Alone?" He asked.

I opened the stall door, "Why?"

"Can't I talk with my bestfriend?" He asked.

"Sure, whatever," I replied.

It was the mood swings.

That's definitely it.

Once we arrived outside, the wind had hit me.

"Here," Michael handed me my sweatshirt I left at the camp and the teal blanket I had brought with me.

"Thanks," I replied, slipping on the Pirates sweatshirt and wrapping the blanket around me.

Michael held the flashlight in front of us, a silence taking place.

"I'm sorry," He said.

"Don't be. I don't even know why I was mad," I answered.

"Mood swings," He said.

"How do you know?" I smiled.

"Please, I live with Kaitlyn. I know what a period is," He cheekily smiled.

"You're perfect. You know that, right?" I smiled up at his tall frame.

"Not even close to it," He replied.

"Well, you are to me," I hugged him.

"Yeah, well...." He picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and began running.

It started pouring down rain and Michael tripped over a root, crashing on top of me. His weight was on his forearms, his lips inches from my own.

I swear, for a moment, I though about kissing him.

But, I couldn't risk our friendship.

"I think we should be getting back," I spoke awkwardly.

"Yeah, me too," He helped me up, the rain still pouring down.

I couldn't help but think, what would happen if I did kiss him?