Gaster x Reader

You were walking along the main stretch of Snowdin, around the tree with presents. You waved at your friend Papyrus as he came out to check the mail, it was a nice sunny morning. Sunny, but not warm. Snowdin, being the ever-lasting-winter town it was, was never warm. But that had its perks of course, an ice-lake being one of them. Your [Fav. Color] scarf hung lazily around your neck and bounced with you as you ran to the lake, your new skates in-hand. No one was there, and it was silent as you tied them and put them on. Thinking you were prepared, you tried to slide across the ice but ended up face-planting into the snow pile in the center of the lake, a bruise formed on your cheek but you checked and realized you had not removed the plastic guards on the bottom of the skates. You huffed realizing your dumb mistakes but quickly fixed it and skated, properly this time. Time passed, slowly and quietly, the only sound was your skates along the ice. Not too long until it was dark and you decided to head home. Walking past some trees, you heard some rustling but assumed it was an animal or something that didnt need to be checked. But oh, were you so wrong...

Suddenly you were overpowered but a barely visible assailant, they felt twice your size but you still tried to fight back. You felt yourself get shoved to the ground, snow covering your back. You looked up at the attacker, realizing they had a knife. It glistened in the shadows, you tried to scramble away, a soft gasp escaping your lips as you were yanked back and the blade shoved into your shoulder. You tried to scream but they put their gloved hand over your mouth and went at it again, you were in tears by the time life had finally life your body.

When you came-to, you were surrounded by darkness. Was this heaven? Was this hell? You stood up and called out into the darkness, but it swallowed your words like a swift breeze. You hung your head in defeat.. then realized you were still covered in snow, but not blood or stab wounds. You nearly shouted when you felt a soft, bony hand lift your cheek. He signed to you, but you didnt pay attention. Your eyes were fixed to his melted figure, a sad smile and cracked white face... he was so familiar. But how? He frowned slightly when you didnt respond then spoke, his face was rasp and echoed like the same swift breeze that took your words away earlier. "Welcome.. to the Multiverse, of sorts. I apologize for my appearance, for I, and you, dear, are dead. I died.. eaten by my own machine. My downfall. But you.. I saw you, before you came here. [Y/N], is it? I, am W.D Gaster.". He paused often when he spoke. Did it hurt? His body was half-melted.. you did realize who he was though, you learned about him in school. "Y-Yes sir..." you answered, he brushed some snow from your body, "My my that ruffian really did a number on you.. poor soul." he said, and as if he called for it, your cute [color] Soul came out. He held it in his hands.. or what was left of them.. it was an odd luke-warm feeling, he whispered something to it like it was something else, and not part of you. It seemed to jump around a bit in his cupped hands and dance, it's light flickering. "Im afraid your time has come and gone, do go, and be careful on your journey." he told it, and like that, it's light dimmed out and faded to ash in his hands. Your gripped your chest slightly, that hurt, losing your soul. "Im sorry, everyone here has to go through that. Their Soul cannot keep them company here. Mine was already so dark.." he sighed, reminiscing about his own past. "But.. where are we? Why am I not ash too?" you questioned, he shook his head dismissively "Its complicated. But we are in some kind of limbo between life, death, and other worlds. Anyone who dies in the Underground comes here. Usually already lacking a soul, but like us, some still have it. Not everyone's Souls give up on them so easily. Fighters, I tell you! Guards are even worse. And kids... ah the children.. they dont want to accept it. Eventually many of them go too, but I stay." He said and held his hand out to you, you took it and he walked with you and kept explaining things about this 'limbo'.

"Gaster... if.. if you want, I can stay with you." you offered, where else were you supposed to go? Get reborn into another universe like the others? Gaster was stuck here alone forever, why should he have to be alone? His sad eyes lit up with joy, he actually hugged you. "Oh, dear, thank you! No one has even come up with such a notion as staying with the.. lonely old bag-of-bones." he joked, surprising you a bit. But smiled anyway and kept your word. Staying with Gaster, forever in the Void.