Aftertale Sans X Reader (1)

you sat in Grillby's. Your usual thing to do, your friend wasnt here today but you couldnt contact them so you couldnt find out why. The bar was weirdly silent and over the past few days, less people were coming. Grillby seemed fine, a bit concerned about his customers but he focused on his work. Sans hadnt been around here in ages... what ever happened to him?

After a long period of silence, your answer came walking in the door. Sans. But he had a new hoodie, and a familiar scarf. He kept his head down, and hood up. "Hey Sans!" you said, trying to be happy, "Um... hey Y/N." He said, not looking at you. "You ok...?" you asked, noticing his strange behavior. "Im fine." he said bluntly. "Want to hang out later? Its been pretty lonely lately.." you said, "Uhh... maybe another time. Busy." Sans moved out your path and talked to Grillby. He grabbed two burgers and left quickly. You followed him out, "How has everyone been?" you asked, 'Their..... fine." he said, "Where are they? No one has been around here in forever." you said, "Their fine stop asking." he said, a bit angry this time. You noticed a strange bundle of... blank boxes? around his eye, "Sans your not fine whats wrong with your eye?" you reached to remove his hood, but it fell anyway when he jumped away from you. You both went silent. "Sans..." you said after a minute. "I told you to not ask." sans turned away from you and tried to walk away, but you grabbed his arm and made him face you "What is wrong with your eye!" you asked, "Nothing that concerns you!" he pulled his arm away and ran, you chased after him but he made a sharp turn and you lost him. God damn his shortcuts.

you sighed and started wandering around the forest. Why did he run? What happened? You kept thinking and thinking with no good answer. You stopped yourself as you heard the slight crackle of fire and sobbing. You carefully followed the noise, eventually to Sans, sitting in the snow with his back to a tree. His eye was glowing and he was sobbing to his scarf. You sat next to him, he already know you had found him since the snow sunk and crunched under your feet. "Sans... Its alright..." You reached for a hug, he tried to jump back but was blocked by the tree. He looked at you, his eyes were black. "Just... Wait.. It'll be fine.... It will just reset.. It always does." He muttered to himself, you ignored his resist to hug and wrapped your arms around him, you could feel his rib cage rattle a little. He hugged back and sobbed on your shoulder "I'm so sorry I'm so sorry..." He repeated. "Sans its alright. Really..." You tried to comfort him. "I know this wont make ant sense. But... We just have to hang on. Wait. It will just be like a bad dream I promise." He said "Your right that didnt make any sense. But I was just doing that anyway. I dont hate much else to do since everyone left.." You smiled at him. He didnt smile back, his usual grin was nowhere to be found. "Their not coming back.." Sans admitted to you. "huh? What happened?" You asked, "the kid... Chara... Killed them. Papyrus, Undyne.. All of them.." Sans said. "oh god..." You nearly started crying too. "Y/N I didnt want to ruin this timeline. But you had to know. Besides its screwed up anyway." He said, nothing he said made sense still. "timelines?" You asked, "yeah there's tons. Different us's, and no one remembers it except me.. And a stupid flower.." Sans said, he had already screwed up the timeline. Why not screw it up more? You didn't understand it, but you didn't want to say anything. "wow..." You said, thinking of the possible different universes. Some silent time passed again. Sans sighed. "Im sorry. I shouldnt have said anything. Now, i have to go." he got up, you stood next to him, "Dont be sorry. Where do you have to go?" you asked, "Nowhere." he said and started to walk, you followed "You still havent explained your eye." you pointed out, "So?" he said, "I wanna know." you said, "Its ugly." he groaned, "please? tell me what happened.." you grabbed his arm, "fine... fine... dont say i didnt warn you." he said, then with a small wave of his hand the pixels moved and revealed the ugly scar. You held back a scream and your eyes went hide, you couldnt hide your surprise and shock. he waved his hand again and his cover returned, "Told you.". "How...?" you asked, "A huge mistake." he said then tried leaving again, but you persistently continued to follow. "Why are you so determined?" he gave you a questioning look, but under his scarf you could see him grinning. "Because I dont want to be alone again... Sans your the only person to come here in weeks.." you admitted, he sighed. "... Well this timeline is already hell. I guess this wont hurt anything..." he said then grabbed your arm, and suddenly you both were in.... an empty black void. There was nothing here. You looked around, the sound of footsteps and a small laugh nearly made you jump out of your skin. A small child in a purple sweater ran up to Sans, who still had the bag of burgers from Grillby's. "Hey Kid, I brought dinner." he handed her a burger then ate the other one himself. "Who's that?" you asked, "Thats Frisk. She was supposed to be in our timeline, she's a pacifist, but we ended up getting Chara instead." Sans explained, Frisk nodded. You saw something extremly faint in the distance, it was monochrome and waved to you, it had a hole through its hand. You yelped and clung to Sans's arm, he hid a small blush and the strange being disappeared. "Whats wrong?" he asked as the pink faded. "I saw something." you let go of his arm, Frisk was snickering. "There's nothing here but me and you. And Frisk. Sometimes my Gaster Blasters too." He said, "But... wait Gaster Blasters?" you questioned, he waved his hand beckoningly towards nothing and from the distance two boney heads floated towards you. "These are my Gaster Blasters." he smiled, one of them played with Frisk while the other nuzzled onto you, you pet its head laughing, "Their huge! but their so nice!" you said, "They just do whatever I tell them to. But when Im not telling them to do stuff their ust playing around." Sans said. "Well cool.. but this isnt what I saw." you said, "Well I dont know what you saw." sans said, Frisk shrugged it off. "Anyway you should get home Y/N.." Sans got up, you took his hand and he teleported you outside your house. "Um... thanks." you smiled, "It was fun hanging out. It gets lonely is no-mans-land." Sans smiled back, he went to turn away and leave. Before he left you hugged him, he blushed again and hugged back. You guys stood there hugging for a minute until you let go, he teleported away before saying anything and you went inside. You hoped you could see him again.

(Plans for a Pt. 2 are active)