Underfell Mettaton X Reader

You sat by a small lake you had found in Waterfall. It was silent, a side from the dripping water from the roof of the cave. It was always silent in The Underground. Sometimes you could hear growling and small comments made between monsters. No one usually left their homes unless they had to, and when they did they didnt talk to anyone. You had seen every part of the Underground, it was small once you learn where to go. Snowdin was nice, really. No one ever came out, except to go to the store or go to Grillby's, but it was usually pretty empty. Sometimes you could see two Skeletons walking around, they seemed close but you never actually met them. 

Around the lake was pretty closed off, besides six trails. The one to your right went to Snowdin, and the rest of Waterfall. The one to your right lead to a fishy looking house. The trail a bit past that led to two houses, one was pale blue, the other was a redish-pink. The trail on the far left lead to an old Snail Farm that no one really went to anymore. The trail ahead of you lead to the dump, and Hotlands. And the trail behind you was a dead end. 

After what seemed like hours of doing nothing, an actual noise nearly scared you out of your socks. You something new, it was nice, sweet, soft... someone was humming. It was an amazing tune, but who was dumb enough to try making noise here? Monsters only tolerated each other... they have no other reason to not come and kill you.. so why annoy them with a song they will probably hate? 

​Your curiosity overwhelmed you though.. you followed the melody to the middle left trail, the one that lead to the two houses. You peered into the cavern, only to see a Robot decorating his house and humming. It was so boring here you had almost forgot it was close to Christmas.. but it didn't matter. people rarely decorated, or even celebrated at all, so the holiday seemed to just pass by. "Nabstablook! Where did you put the lights?" the robot called out, a ghost floated out, tossed him the lights and left without a word. "Thank you~!" the robot chimed, "holidays are the only good thing around here anymore.." he sighed, tossing some colorful lights up and draped them across both houses. His house was already covered with tinsel and some... snow? How did it get here? He must have gone to Snowdin and carried snow back with him.. was he that passionate about his decorating?

He turned to grab another line of lights and saw you, shyly peeking from the corner of the cavern. "Oh, hello darling." He said, he didn't seem to be like them.. did he actually like other Monsters instead of just tolerating them... "Um... hello.." you said, not moving from your corner. "What you so fascinated by? Its just me decorating." they continued, "I.. I liked your song." you spoke up, the robot paused for a second before acting like he hadn't heard you."Are you going to stand there and stare or will you help?". "Sure, I'll help.." you walked over to him. He passed you one end of the lights, "Hang onto it," he said before tossing the other end up and across his house like he had been before. He didnt realize it but he had thrown it so hard and you ended up being thrown up with it, the robot quick ran out to catch you.

he managed to safely land you in his arms "I am so sorry my dear! I didnt realize.... Are you alright?" he was already checking for bruises, "Y-Yes.." you were still a bit shaken from your flight, "Goodness that was a trip." he sighed, "Im alright, it's fine." you tried to reassure the robot, "Well good. Sorry about that." he cheered up a bit, "Its fine, um, I dont know your name." you said, "Oh yes, Im Mettaton, darling. What would your name be?" he asked, "Y/N, nice meeting you Mettaton. You know.. you're different from those others monsters here." you said, "Well. I actually want to do something with my life. They've all lost hope." he replied, "what do you want to do?" you ask, "I wanted to be a idol, but, no one would ever bother with me. They think the entertainment career is a joke, and trust me, I've tried, it's a deadly business darling." Mettaton frowned, "Aw, its ok Mettaton. Im sure one day you will make it big!" you encouraged him, he smiled, "Thank you dear.", he hugged you. "Are you hungry darling? I can get us some snacks." Mettaton asked, you nodded and he led you inside. 

You sat down and Mettaton gave you a burger, it had sparkles on it but better than not eating. You and Mettaton talked and talked, you learned how he was made by Dr. Alphys and this was his "EX" Form. You asked to see his normal form but he refused, saying his current form was far more dazzling. And he learned more about you, eventually you guys just had a sleep over since it had become so late. You both agreed the next morning to meet again.