Underswap Papyrus X Reader

You had gotten off of the quick boat ride to Snowdin from Hotland, you didnt like staying in the heat so long so you decided to take the time to chill out. You waved off the River... man? Women? They didnt say. You played around on the ice for a little while, it was supposed to be a lake but it was frozen over completely. You looked down to the ice and saw nothing moving, how long had the lake been like this? Forever? You shrugged off the thought and went back to sliding around, trying to see how fast you could go. After quite a few turns you were going really fast without thinking. You heard footsteps and went to see who ti was but the distraction landed you in the river. You yelled and flailed in the freezing water, but a giant icecube floated above you and pushed you deeper under the water.

You had nearly lost all hope of surviving before someone shattered the ice that was above you and pulled you out. You were shivering and shaking crazily, the bitter cold was no help. "T-T-Thank you.." You stuttered through chattering teeth, "Here, try to stay warm, I'll take you back to my place and we can make sure you are ok then!" he panickedly put his red hood on you, it was huge but warm. "B-But wont you freeze?" You asked, now getting a better look at them and seeing that they were a skeleton. "You can die from freezing like this, I dont even have skin." He said then picked you up, and began carrying you down the path. He was running with you in his arms, you pulled his hoodie closer to keep you warm.

He ran inside, his brother quickly turned to see what was going on. "Papyrus what happened!" He yelled, "They fell in the river!" he said then put you down on the couch and ran upstairs, Sans came out of the kitchen and handed you a tray of tacos. You smiled "Thank you, um.. whats your name?" you asked, "Sans!" he said, grinning. Papyrus came back and covered you up with 2 thick blankets then sat on the other end of the couch. "And, Im Papyrus." He said, "You feelin' ok?" he asked. You nodded "Thanks to you, yes.". "Phew! Gave me a real scare there.." he sighed, "Sorry about that.." you said, he shrugged. "At least you are ok now." sans said then sat down as well and turned on the TV.

After a while, Papyrus decided to start a conversation. "So, kid, where you from?" he asked, "Hotlands.." you answered, he gave you a playful wink "Explains why your'e so hot, huh?" he smiled. Sans hit his arm for the pun while you blushed a bit and laughed. "But really, if you wanted to cool down, the river isnt the best place for that." He said, "I was playing on the ice and I slipped." You explained, "I know, I saw. I was trying to warn you that the ice isnt good for sliding there. The ice that is really good for skating was over by the town. That one is really thick and uneven, and small." he explained, "Oh.. heh. Oops." You smiled, he laughed. "I didnt know, like I said Im from Hotlands. I hardly know anything about Snowdin." You said, "Well here's something to know, me and my brother here are Sentries. For the Royal Guard. Just looking out for anything weird or suspicious, if we find something we tell Undyne." Papyrus explained. Someone knocked at the door, Sans answered it.

When he came back inside he sighed, "whats up?" Papyrus asked "Someone decorated the Gyftrot again.." Sans said, "We can go take care of it, come on, uh, whatever-your-name-is." Papyrus said as he got up. "its Y/N" you told him and stood up, "Ok, well come on." he walked out, you followed. Papyrus lead you down the path and down a cliff. An annoyed old Monster was pacing around. He stopped once he noticed you two. "Finally, it took you two long enough!" he complained, "Sorry Mr. Gyftrot, we'll take off the decorations." Papyrus said calmly and you both began removing the decorations. Some tinsel, a family portrait of monsters, tree branches, a present bow etc. "There you go sir. Any idea who did this?" papyrus asked, "No! I was taking a nap!" Gyftrot said then walked away. papyrus sighed "They do this all the time.". "Really?" you questioned, he nodded "Yeah but the nice monsters always leave presents for him under the town tree to say sorry." Papyrus said, "Better than nothing.." you said as you guys began walking back. "I should take you home. Come on, I know a shortcut." He said then grabbed your hand. Before you knew it, you both were outside your house in Hotlands. "Oh, thanks, wow that was fast.." you nearly lost your balance. "Thanks Papyrus, see you around." You smiled and went to go inside, but he stopped you and grabbed your wrist "hold up." he said, "What?" you looked at him, "My hoodie." he reminded, "Oh right!" you took off his hoodie that you had nearly forgotten about and gave it back. "Thanks again." you said, "Ah, anytime kid." he gave you a hug, making you blush before you went into your house. You could hear him laughing a bit as he left, had he seen you blushing..?