Day 13- Everyone Knows

Day 13
Finley
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       I wake up, and go take a shower, even though I took one last night, I still feel like I need to take one. I put on some makeup, putting on a little extra.  Then I go to my room, and put on a maroon, skating skirt, a black top, and my converse. I make sure to put ONLY my necklace that I always wear on. I look in the mirror and plaster a huge fake smile on my face. 

    I can be happy, it may be completely fake, but I can and will do it. 

     I get Tyler up, and go to make breakfast. I ignore my mother's cries of protest as I ignore her nagging. I make breakfast, and eat mine. Tyler comes down not to long after, in nicer clothes than normal. By nice I mean, a pair of jeans and a tight fitting top. He has a girlfriend. 

         He eats his food, and soon we leave. I again, ignore my mother. I can't handle her this morning. I drop him off at his school, and noticed a girl waiting on him, with a huge smile on her face. Yep, he has a girlfriend. 

    I drive to the school, and get out. I ignore all the stares, that seem to be following me everywhere I go. I guess that comes along with hanging out with Ryder. I walk to my locker, and unload my 100 pound bag. I get what I need, and then walk to advisory. 

     When I get to advisory I notice that a lot of people are glancing over at me, and then when they realize I know they quickly look away. Weird. I've also noticed that a lot of people have been hastily whispering things to each other, and then when they see me the stop. it's like they all know this big secret and I'm the only one who hasn't figured it out. 

    Advisory goes by quickly, without a hitch, unless you consider constant whispering a hitch. When the bell rings everyone makes a mad dash for the door. I go about my business and get my things for the next class. 

    The rest of the time leading up to lunch goes by well, and I even ace my English class. But the constant whispering and stares don't stop. I'm beginning to wonder what's going on. 

      I sit in my usual place under the oak tree and eat my sandwich. But after a little bit, I see someone approaching me. I soon realize  that its Anne, she's very nice but never really talks to me. 

     "Hey, are you okay," she asks, giving me a small smile. 

     "Yes," I say, giving her a confused look. 

    "I'm so sorry," she says kneeling down in front of me. 

    "For," I question.

   "Ryder told me what happened," she said. 

    "What happened," I ask her. Something is definitely going on. But what?

    "He told me you're dad killed himself. I'm so sorry. If only I had known," she says, giving me a sad smile. 

     I took a sharp intake of breath. He told her that? How could he? I trusted him. 

    "When did he tell you this," I say, my voice tense. 

     "This morning, he said that's why you were crying in the bathroom," she said, leaning in for a hug. I flinch away. I don't want to be touched. 

      "Well,I'm glad he decided to give you that piece of personal information. Who all knows," I ask, my voice cold. 

     "I'm sorry. I didn't realize. The whole school knows," she said, her eyes growing wide, with the recognition that he wasn't supposed to tell. 

    "What," I say, my voice a harsh whisper. 

    She starts to talk, but I'm already up and walking away. I trusted him with that, and he took advantage of it. 

     I walk into the lunch room, and instantly walk to Ryder. I grab him by the arm, and drag him out. The lunch room grew quiet, and all eyes were on us. I didn't stop until we were away from all eyes. 

    "How could you? I trusted you and you betrayed me," I yell. 

     "I only told one person, it's not my fault she couldn't keep her mouth shut," he said, a cocky smile played at his lips. 

    "No, it is. Did you see me tell a soul about you? About your grandfather? No," I yell at him. 

      i instantly see the regret wash over his face. He knows what he did. "I-I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-," he stuttered. 

    "Don't," I put my hand up to stop him," you never mean anything." 

   I turn around and walk away. I have never felt so betrayed. A part of me wants to turn around and forgive him for everything, but I know it's not that simple. I only have 1 day left. How is this supposed to work?

       I'm sorry for the short chapter, but it is a short story after all! Hope you like it!!!