Day 11- The Road To Recovery

Day 11

Finley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

       Ryder brought me back home yesterday, and forced me to let him take care of me. He cleaned up all my cuts and bruises, even the new ones I had recently given myself. He even called his parents and said he wouldn't be home, except to get clothes, because his "friend" needed him. They were okay with it, but from what I've heard they would've been okay with it if he'd never come back. When he went to get his clothes he picked up Tyler for me, and even made dinner. Then he cleaned everything up. I called in sick at work so I didn't have to go. My mother never came home. He slept on the couch, after making sure everything was done, even the laundry.(which he needed help with because he has a maid.)

     He stayed with me until I fell asleep, and when I got up, breakfast was made, and he was dressed. When I got up I went to take a shower, but I couldn't hardly bend over because of the bruising on my stomach. I could hardly move.

  I picked out a pair of leggings and a longer t-shirt. I didn't care about looking good. I didn't put on makeup, all I did was put my hair in a ponytail. I put on the necklace Ryder got me, and said he would take my necklace to a jeweler to get it fixed. I go look at myself in the mirror and lift my shirt up. The bruises are an ugly yellow, blue, black, purple, and green.I'm grateful.

    When I finally go downstairs, I can't eat. I just sit and look at the floor. I can feel Ryder's gaze on me, so I get up and tell Tyler to start getting ready. I haven't seen my mother yet, and hopefully I won't.

    When I get back downstairs, Ryder grabs my arm and pulls me into the downstairs bathroom. "You okay," he asks.

   I nod.

   "Can I see your bruises," he asks.

    I pull my shirt up just enough to see them. His eyes go down to my stomach, and his finger trace over the bruises. I gasp, when he presses down a little to hard, and he frantically apologizes.

    I pull my shirt down, and walk out of the bathroom. I see Tyler has found his breakfast. Soon he's done and we take home to school. But Ryder won't let me go to school. He says, "I need to rest and recover."

  We go back to him house, because I don't want my mother to know I'm skipping.

    We end up going to his room, and every five seconds, it feels like, Ryder asks me if I'm okay.  At one point I fell asleep, and when I wake up, I see that there's a huge cheese pizza, cokes, mounds of candy, tacos, and hot Cheetos.

    We eat in silence, and I eat over half to it by myself. When we finished our food, we go to his home theater. (Yes of course he has that). We cover up in about a million blankets, and I snuggle next to him. We end up have a Disney Movie Marathon, which includes: Finding Nemo, Finding Dory, Moana, Sing, The Emperor's New Grove, the Aristocats, Snow White, Pete's Dragon, and everything in between. 

   "Finley," Ryder says, just as the last movie ends.

   "Yes?"

   "If anyone ever hurts you again, I want you to tell me immediately, okay," he tells me.

    "Okay," I say, and snuggle closer into his chest.

   We sit for a little while longer and soon it's time to pick up Tyler. We go pick him up, and Ryder drops us off at the house. Tyler instantly goes to his room, for homework, and I go to the kitchen to make diner.

   When I get to the kitchen I see my mother.

    "Why weren't you at school today," she asks me.

   "I got threw up this morning," I lie, and walk over to the kitchen, put my mother puts her hand out and it hits my stomach, causing me to cry out.

   "What's wrong with your stomach," she says, ripping my shirt up, Her eyes widen at the sight of my bruises, and I quickly pull my shirt back down.

   "How did that happen," she asks, suspiciously.

   "After I threw up, I passed out and fell against the bathroom counter," I lied, again.

   "You should be more careful. Now, make us some diner, I have to leave in an hour and thirty minutes," she says, walking out of the room.

   I end up making pasta and Italian chicken. I set it on the counter, and call everyone to diner. No one comes, of course, until after I'm done. So I go to my room, and watch more movies. I don't hear from Tyler or my mother, for the rest of the night. So I climb in bed and go to sleep, reminding myself not to lay on my stomach.