Day 12- Fights, ice cream, and sad movies

Day 12
Finley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I wake up to a terrible pain in my stomach, and realize I turned over in my sleep. I get up, and go to the bathroom. I take a shower, and put on my makeup. I braid my hair into two Dutch braids, and walk to my bedroom.

     I pick out a red/black plaid skirt, and black, fitting tank top(which I tuck in), and a pair of white converse. I put on the necklace Ryder got me and grab all my things. I look in the mirror, and see that I don't look too terrible. So I walk to Tyler's room to get him up.

     After that I go downstairs and make biscuits and gravy. Then a soon as I get all the food on plates, my brother comes bounding down the stairs. We eat our food together, and when we finish I hear the front door open. I look up, and see my mother walk through the door. She gets her plate of food, and walks out, without a word to either of us. I glance at Tyler, and notice he looks a little upset.

     I know Mom's absence bothers him. After Dad died, she was all we had. But it's not like she's really there for us. He needs a mother, who cares, makes him breakfast, kisses him goodnight, makes him feel loved, embarrasses him in front of his friends, takes him to all his ball games, and even makes his peanut and butter sandwiches on a bad day. He deserves that. That's something we both have dreamed of for years, but unfortunately we don't live in Disney movies.

     I drive him to school, and then go to my school. I go in and get my things, and go straight to advisory. I don't see Ryder, so I don't wait. Even though it was kinda disappointing. I really wanted to see him.

     When advisory ends I go to my locker and get my things. Just as I close my locker I feel a two on my shoulder.

     "Hey," Ryder says, as I turn around.

      "Hi," I say, smiling up at him.

      "Are you feeling okay," he asked, flicking his eyes toward my stomach.

      "Yes, it still hurts, but not like it did," I tell him.

      "Good," he says.

      "Well, I have to go to class. I'll see you at lunch," I tell him, and turn to go to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I sit down under the oak tree and wait. I haven't seen Ryder since this morning, which is weird because I always see him once or twice between classes. I open my bottle of water and take a sip, before biting into one of my chicken nuggets.

     I wait for about five more minutes, before I see Ryder's figure coming towards me. I greet him, as he sits down beside me and pokes me in the side. I grimace and flinch.

     "Sorry, I forgot," I says, giving me a half-hearted smile.

     "It's fine," I say.

     We sit in silence for a while, eating. I can tell he's tense. Something isn't right, but I'm not sure what. I sit a while longer until I decide to say something.

      "What's wrong," I ask.

     "What happened to you? How did you get that necklace," he asks, giving me a stern look.

     I choke on my water, and look over at him, "what?"

     "You heard me," he said, his jawline was clenched.

     "I don't want to talk about it," I say, giving him a stern look.

      "Tell me," he growled.

      "No," I say, sternly.

      "Finley, tell me," he says, raising his voice a little.

     "No! Ryder! What the heck," I exclaim.

     "Finley! I swear! I told you my story! Why can't you tell me yours. I've done so much for you! Do you even remember yesterday? After everything I've done for you, you can't tell me what made that necklace so precious to you," he yells.

      "No, Ryder! I'm not going to tell you. I appreciate what you did yesterday, but I'm not telling you and that's final," I say, raising my voice.

      "Maybe your mother was right, maybe you are exactly the way she said you were," he says, his voice calm. He takes my newly fixed necklace out of his pocket and throws it at me. "Good bye, Finley."

     I pick up my necklace from the ground and put it on. I'm in shock. Why would he do that? After everything that's happened, how could he end it all that quickly? I only have two days left and he does this! I thought I could trust him! I thought he wasn't the way everyone says he is! And to think I had feeling for him! But is it bad that I still do, and it only makes it hurt more?

     I get my thrash and throw it away, before going to the bathroom. Who knew someone could cry so much in such little time?

      I go to all of my classes, and I try not to let the events of the day get in the way of my assignments. The thought of Ryder just keeps pushing his it's way back into my mind.

     By the end of the day, I'm completely done. I pick up Tyler, and we drive home. When we get home I put up my things, and go to the bathroom. I get in the shower, and take the opportunity to think. With every thought, a cut replaces it.

    Why was I asked to do this? They should've asked someone else. 

     When I get out of the shower, I make dinner, but instead of eating what I made, I grab a carton of ice cream out of the freezer, a spoon, and go to my room. I eat and watch sappy romance movies with a box of tissues at my side. Typical. I know. Ryder's words hurt. But I won't ever let him know that.

     I just wish I had more time to save him, because after this, I don't know how much time it's going to take. I only have 2 days after today to save him, but as of right now I think it'll take a lifetime to forgive him.

    Why did I have to have feelings for him? Why?