Day 2- Meeting With Ryder

Day 2

Finley           

                My  alarm clock blares to life, jolting me from my peaceful state. The clock reads  6:00, groaning, I turn it off. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and swing my legs over the side of my bed. Time to get ready.

               On my way to the bathroom, I peek into my mother's room. She's not in there, probably passed out on the couch or something. When I get to the bathroom, I decide not to take a shower considering I took one the night before. Content with my decision, I brush through my hair and my teeth, put on deodorant, and put on my normal makeup.

             I'd like to think I'm good at makeup, but honestly foundation, mascara, and chapstick is as  far as it goes for me. I wish I could be like the people online who can do flawless makeup. I'm pretty decent at the basics, but when it comes to winged eyeliner and eyeshadow, well let's just say my strengths lie elsewhere.

When I'm done in the bathroom, I walk back to my room and close my door behind me. Then I proceed to my closet to find my outfit for the day. I find a navy blue top, and a pair of bleached jeans. Finding a flannel and tying it around my waist, then putting on my high-top converse. When I'm happy with my outfit choice, I go to my jewelry box and put on my pearl necklace.  I look myself over in my mirror before grabbing my things, and walking downstairs. 

I walk through the living room to see if I can find Mom, but she isn't there like she normally is. She must have been called into work early this morning. I walk into the kitchen, and put my bags in the floor next to the counter. I get out the things to make pancakes. I haven't made them in a while, and I know Tyler really enjoys them. When I finish making them, I get out three plates, and pile an equal amount onto each. I put one of the plates into the microwave for Mom. She may not be here, but I'm sure she'll be back and wanting something to eat.

I get out the syrup, and pour two glasses of orange juice. I put everything out on the bar, and make my way up the stairs to Tyler's room. I knock on the door, like I do every morning and wait. I don't hear anything. So I walk in, and rip to covers off of him.

"Ugh! I'm up! I'm up," he shouts angrily

"Ten minutes! I made pancakes," I inform him, and walk out of his room, shutting the door behind me.

I walk back into the kitchen and eat my pancakes. Just as I put the last bite into my mouth, Tyler walks in. I swallow my food, and look over at him.

"So, how long did you stay up last night," I ask.

"I went to bed at twelve, just like you told me to," he says, shoving a forkful of pancakes into his mouth.

I nod, "You better hurry if you want to finish, you only have five minutes left to finish your pancakes." I tell him.

"What? I have ten minutes! Look at the clock," he argues.

"No, I want to be at school a little early. I have something I have to do, a little bit before Advisory," I inform him, thinking about what Ryder asked me to do.

He groans, and rolls his eyes, but starts eating quicker nonetheless. When he's done he puts his plate and glass in the sink, and grabs his bags. I get mine in a silent acknowledgement that it's ready to go.   As we walk out the door I make a mental note that I'm going to have to wash the dishes later, then get into the car. I drop him off at the middle school, and make my way towards the High school.

I park my car, and walk into the building.Then I walk to my locker, and unload my backpack.  I get my things for Advisory, and shut my locker. I still have some time before I have to be in class, so I go to the oak tree, where Ryder told me to meet him.