Day 8- Did I Just Admit That?

Day 8-
RYDER

I glance at myself in the mirror. I choose to wear a gray t-shirt, dark jeans, and my red converse. I didn't try to style my hair today. It'll mess up anyway.

I heard my Dad talking to some woman today, this one is new. I wonder how long it will last. I haven't seen my mother in a few days. There's no telling what's going on. She's been working even longer hours than usual, which only gives my Dad more opportunities to cheat on her.

I get my backpack, and head down the stairs, walking through long halls, filled to the brim with expensive paintings. I go into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water and an apple.

     Yesterday, I found out that Finley has never been to 6 Flags, so I've decided that tomorrow we're going to skip school and go. I stayed up all night trying to think of the perfect way to do it. I've decided that I'm going to get up extra early tomorrow and drive to her house. I'll offer her a ride to school, and tell her "to pack comfy clothes, because I have a surprise." Then after we drop her brother off, instead of going to school, I'll take her to six flags. I even have everything planned out so perfectly that we should be back before school ends, so no one will suspect a thing.

    I know that the schools send out calls, to the parents telling them that their child wasn't in class, but my father never pays attention, and from what I've heard about Finley's mother, it shouldn't be a problem.

     I snap out of my thoughts and go outside. I get in my car and drive off.

      Lately, I haven't felt as inclined to hang out with my normal group of friends. I've dated most of the girls in that group, and all of them have a new boyfriend everyday. It's sick. The guys are all well and good, but they just so happen to be just like the girls when it comes to dating. The guys also are perverts (they are more perverted than normal teenage boys), and they only care about you when you give them something. I've slowly began to realize that they aren't the people I want to be around. 

     I find myself slowly moving towards Finley. She doesn't gossip, she doesn't only care about boys, she cares about you for who you are, and let's just face it... she's hot. I know she's been through a lot, and I wish she would tell me what it is. She obviously has trust issues, but why? I can't exactly say anything though, I don't tell her anything either. It's not because I don't trust her, I do, but I don't know her all that well. But I want to change that. She clearly cares about me, for reasons I don't know. But, I wish for just one day I could view the world from her eyes, to see her point of view, to know what she's been through, to see how her mind works, and to know what she's thinking. I've noticed that she wears the same pearl necklace everyday, rain or shine, and when she gets anxious or nervous, she'll take the small necklace between her fingers and twist it. I don't think she even notices that she does it. It's pretty cute actually. I see everything about her, from her beautiful auburn curls, to her nasty red cuts. When I see her cuts, it makes me hurt for her. I know how it feels to have that as the only relief. I care about her. I think I'm even starting to like her.... 

    Wow. Did I just admit that? 

      I pull the small box out of the pocket of my jeans. I open it, to see the new pearl necklace. It has two gold chains, one shorter than the other, connected to a single clasp. Each chain has a row of small, carefully placed beads. I went yesterday, and bought it. I thought I'd give it to Finley, considering she wears the same one everyday. I thought she deserved that much. 

The Necklace :