Prologue

I want to thanks alexisisntded for the amazing cover! I'm in love! The old cover will be above!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      I wake, startled. My breathing is heavy, and I begin to panic. Where am I? How did I get here? 

         I remember taking the pills, I remember getting tired, and I remember thinking that I would only close my eyes for a couple minutes. 

     But what happened after that?

    I look down and see I'm wearing a white, silky gown. My auburn curls are down framing my face, and I'm barefoot. 

     "Excuse me," I hear a gruff voice say.

I jump up and look around. All I see is white. No one was anywhere near.

Wait, am I dead?

     Then I let what I've done sink in. My little brother. My Mom. I left them to deal with everything that was wrong in my life. How could I do that? How could I be so selfish?

"Finley," the voice came again.

I look around, and still see no one.  I squint my eyes in the direction the voice is coming from, hoping to find the source. I can see a small blob that quickly changes into the silhouette of a man.  I continue to watch until he is right in front of me.

He is wearing white pants, and a white shirt. He has black stubble on his chin, and he head is bald. He has huge muscles, and could probably break me like a twig. I gulp.

"Hello Finley. You have chosen to end your life, and by the look on your face I can tell you regret it. I'm Scott. I've been chosen to give you this offer. Are you willing to listen," Scott asks me.

"Um... yes," I breathed.

"You will be given a chance to go back, and continue to live your life, if and only if you help someone else," he said.

"Okay! Please! I want to live," I pleaded, already liking this. I could feel a small bubble of happiness grow in my stomach. I would be able to take back what I did!

   But the expression on his face quickly pops my bubble of happiness.

" If you want to go back and correct what you did you have to keep Ryder, a boy from your school, from committing suicide, just like you. You will be given 14 days. If you succeed, you will be given a chance to live the rest of your life."

 "Ryder? You mean the most popular guy at school? The guy who has girls falling at his feet? The guy who has the money to buy anything he could ever want? That Ryder," I question, eyes wide in disbelief. 

"Yes, that Ryder."

I just stare at him, completely and utterly confused.

"It won't be easy, but it's a chance," Scott says, after seeing my expression.

"Um.... okay," I mumble.

"Make your choice, Finley, I won't wait forever," he says crossing his arms in annoyance.

"Okay, okay. I'll do it," I huff.

"I wish you the best Finley."

All of a sudden everything goes black, and I fall.

When I wake, I'm in my bed, in my room.

14 days to do the impossible.