Okay

You woke up, you were still sick but you felt much better. The door opened to the room that you were in and sans came through holding a bowl. Sans sat by the bed holding the bowl a smiked seeing you were awake.

"Good, you're awake, heh, you really gave me a scare there. You even had papyrus worried" sans said

You looked at him then looked away as your eyes dimmed. You suddenly felt his cool hands touch your head and you flinched a bit.

"Your fever is gone...that's good" sans said taking his hand back.

You looked at sans weirdly and he gave you a questioning look.

"Whats up with the look?" He questioned

"Anyways, come on eat some of this" sans said taking a spoon and putting it to you.

It had smelt like soup but you honestly didn't feel like eating.

"Come on y/n paps made this especially for you" sans said

You glanced at the spoon and after a moment you opened your mouth and sans fed it to you. You swallowed it the warm substance feeling you with warmth.

Your appetite was now opened and you were quite hungry. You opened your mouth for more and sans chuckled feeding you.

"Now...I know now might not be the best time for this but....we have to talk." Sans said looking at you seriously.

"Y/n....have you been getting any sleep...and don't lie" sans said

You was about to lie just as he said that and paused for a long while before nodding your head yes.

"Is it because of the nightmares?"

You nodded yes again and you heard sans sigh.

"Geez kid, why don't you ever tell us anything..."

"Your nightmares have gotten so bad you almost hurt paps" sans said surprising you a bit and he went quiet, he still fed you though.

".....the nightmares....are they about the surface?" sans asked and you went rigid when he said that.

Sans noticed this though.

"I thought so....i wanted to hold this off until you were ready, but i think you and i both know you can't keep holding this back, so what happened to you up there?" Sans asked

You stayed silent and looked away from him. You said nothing the whole time and sans broke the silence.

"I saw those scars on your back...did your family do that to you?"

You shot sans a look. It was a broken one and you trembled a bit.

"Look kid, it's okay you can tell me, i promise in here for you" sans said gently

'She wasn't always bad' you suddenly signed

'But after.......' you trailed off and started again

'She drank a lot....and started to hit me....so did everyone else,...mommy...she hates me' tears began falling down your face as you cried.

Sans put down the soup and hugged you. You were startled by the contact but slowly hugged back.

"I'm sorry that happened...a kid like you should never experience that y/n....but i promise...we will never do that to you, we will protect you y/n we care about ya kid, haven't we shown that already? I don't make promises kid and that's saying something" Sans asked as he pulled away.

You looked at sans and narrowed your brows thinking. You were afraid to let your guard down but maybe....you could...with these skeletons...maybe you really should trust them, maybe just maybe they could be the family you never had.

Sans gave you a big smile and it was then you realised who he reminded you of and you hugged him again like you never wanted to let go.
Your eyes gained just a little of its child like spark. And after a month of not using your voice you finally said something.

Though it came out small and soft, slightly broken and scared.

"Daddy" you buried your head into sans closing your eyes.

Sans eyes widened in shock he had heard you. You had not said this for him to hear, or in reference to him but only in a faint memory of your deceased father. Sans had the warmth, he had a warmth that was long forgotten but this new one..sans own...it was now your new comfort.

You fell asleep in sans arm. Sans looked at you and smiled chuckling. He got up and placed you back on the bed but you had a firm grip on his jacket. Sans pried your little hands off and placed you on the bed covering you with the blankets.

He looked at you for a moment, for the first time in the whole month you've lived with them this was the first time he finally saw you with the look of a child, not the usual hollow and broken look you had.

Sans left the room taking the bowl of soup you didn't finish and closed the door softly. He walked downstairs and went to the kitchen where papyrus was washing up some dishes.

"OH, HOW IS Y/N?" papyrus asked slight worry in his voice.

"She's better, she ate a bit and went to sleep"

"THATS GREAT....DID SHE SAY ANYTHI-"

"Yeah...and it's not good" Sans said with a grim look on his face.

Sans proceeded to tell papyrus what happened and papyrus looked heartbroken to have found out.

Suddenly papyrus had an idea, something he wanted to do for you that would finally make you more accepting towards the both of them...and hopefully everyone. Papyrus told sans the idea and Sans smiled.

"I think that's a great idea bro, I think the kid will love it"

"THEN I SHALL START GETTING THINGS PREPARED!" Papyrus said

.....

Sorry i forgot to type of the rest of the chapter and post it, i've just been so sleepy staying up so late doing school work -_-....