Reoccuring Dreams

My eyes opened. It was dark I was in bed and sans was fast asleep, socks was next to my head on my pillow. I recorded this, why? My head felt heavy, my body felt heavy, I felt like I had a nightmare.  What was it about? I don't remember,  I don't think I want to remember.

I don't think I can fall asleep, I feel very wide awake and very aware. I sat up, my breathing felt uneven, my eyes stung with tears that was already falling.

You were having a Panic attack. Breathe y/n, you need to breathe. Your head hurt , you felt nauseous,  but most of all you felt unbelievably sad. You couldn't calm down, you can't breathe. You can't -

Sans slowly opened his eyes , he could hear labored breathing. He sat up and looked over expecting you to be sleeping but your were wide awake, sweat dripping down your head undergoing a panic attack right next to him.

"Y/n?" Sans questioned "y/n" he tried to get your attention but it's like you couldn't hear him. He shook your shoulder gently.

"Y/n, come on , look at me, y/n" he cupped your face and tried to get you to look at him, but your eyes were only trained on one spot.

"Y/n, y/n!" He said again a little louder, this time your were looking at his face.

It felt like I was being slowly suffocated, was someone calling me? What was happening? I couldn't stop it, I don't know how to stop it. I can't breathe.

"Y/n!" I blinked and I see sans looking at me. He was panicked with worry.

"Look at me y/n, okay" I nodded my head still struggling to get my breathing under control.

"Okay, good, breathe, in and out, in and out " he breathed with me, following his example I was finally able to calm down. He wiped my tears off of my face and got up to grab me some napkins. I blew my nose and drank the water he got for me.

"You doing alright kid, what happened there?" He asked

"I-i d-dont know" I stuttered still not completely feeling like myself.

I took another deep breath and exhaled.

"Was it another nightmare?

I nodded my head.

"You haven't had those in a long time, and you've never gotten a panic attack" "What did you dream about?" He asked

"I don't know, I don't think that's the reason" I muttered still feeling sluggish.

I cleared my throat and tried explaining "I woke up, but I couldn't fall asleep, my heart felt like it was beating really fast, and my head hurt"