Surprise

You opened your eyes and got up with a sleepy look on your face. You felt much better and the nightmares no longer came. You took the covers that was on you off and got off the bed.

You paused a bit and looked around. You never really took notice of Sans room. You thought it would be messy but it was surprisingly clean. A light red blush came to your face.

Sans took care of you and gave you his bed. He even stayed with you until he was sure your fever went down enough. You felt a bit guilty that he had to do all of that for you. You hadnt really done much for the skeleton brothers yet they cared enough to this when nobody else ever would.

It was then you realised it but your little 5 year old self had to much pride to admit it. He didnt need to fo all of that, he didnt have to give you his bed, he could of left you alone for once, you would of gotten over the fever like you always did without anyones help. He didnt have to care so much.

Your hands clenched your hair as you mulled it over. You then rembered  last night. You told sans everything and he comforted you. For the first time in so long you finally felt like you were safe where you were.

You had thought that you could give them a chance but that was when you were still hazy from being sick. You werent sure...did you really want to do that? You felt your heart beat in your chest. It was hard thump and it made you feel warm. You shook your head, You wouldnt be swayed...you couldnt, you wouldnt...but maybe-

"Kid your up!"

You looked to see sans infront of the door smiling his usual smile.

"I was just coming up here to check on ya" he said walking closer to you and bending on one knee putting his hand to your forehead.

You wanted to reject his touch you wanted to push his hands away, you wished you didnt like the warmth that came from them.

"Heh, thats good it went down" Sans smiled at you and stood back up.

"Well come on down kid, you gotta eat and get ready were heading out soon." Sans said going through the door.

You walked out his room and followed him down the stairs. You couldnt help the feeling of guilt that tugged at you, but you couldnt help the pride that made you reject it.

You went into the kitchen and saw papyrus eating at the tabel. As soon as he saw you he got up with a bright smile on his face and scooped you up into a hug.

"YOUR FINALLY BETTER Y/N, IM SO HAPPY!!" papyrus said with joy.

You were a bit surprised by the sudden hug. Your hands twitched...you wanted to hug back, but you refused, papyrus then put you down and went back to his seat at the table.

"WELL EAT UP, WE HAVE A BIG DAY AHEAD OF US!" papyrus said with a beaming smile.

You climbed onto the chair and your eyes widened at the food presented before you.

There were pancaked with eggs and waffles and sausages. Your stomach growled at the sight making sans laugh and you blushed in embarrasment. You began to eat way to fast and began to cough as you choked a bit on your food. Both sans and papyrus came towards you.

Sans pat your back as you coughed and Papyrus took a napkin wiping the crumbs off your mouth.

"Kid you should slow down, you dont wanna choke do ya?"

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT Y/N?"

You looked at the two that showed looks of concern and you quickly looked away from them. They stepped back and after awhile you finished eating.