𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"You're back early," Larry states, appraising the three hunters.

Katherine takes shelter from the rain underneath Sam's umbrella, her fingers fastened to his jacket sleeve, as she looks over the two-story to their left. "We wanted to take another look at the neighborhood," she tells Larry, then nods to the coroner's van. "What's going on?"

Thunder echoes across the gray skies. Katherine always enjoyed the rain storms in Florida. They were usually short-lived, but boy if someone didn't piss a God off. 

"You met Linda Bloom at the barbecue?" He asks. Katherine's eyes shift to the coroner and a police officer lifting a black body back into the back of the van. 

"The realtor," she recalls.

"Well, she...passed away last night."

"What happened?" Sam asks.

"I'm still trying to find out. I identified the body for the police..." He hesitates, glancing to the house. "Look, I'm sorry, but this isn't a good time."

"No, no, we understand," Katherine says, nodding, and Larry excuses himself to the front porch of the home. 

"You know what we have to do, right?" Dean asks.

"Get in that house," she murmurs, nodding once more. "We can pull the car around the other side of the street and hit it through the back. I saw a fence that looked tall enough to climb up into the house."

"We don't need a fence," Dean almost scoffs.

"Well I'm sorry not all of us are half giant," she says, eyeing the Winchesters, and moves for the car.

"How tall are you anyway?" Dean asks her. "Five-four?"

"Ha, ha," she sourly says, opening the door. "I'm five-nine."

The minute the cops leave, Katherine is leading the charge up the fence. "I can give you a hand," Dean says. She eyes the fence with pursed lips. What is it, nine feet? Sam can easily pull himself over that. Dean raises his eyebrows and Katherine sighs. 

"No more height jokes. I'm really not small." Dean interlocks his fingers and she carefully places her boot on the platform he's made for her. "When I was eleven years old and 5'4", I was being made fun of. Now I'm a tall young woman—" she grunts, pulling her weight up onto the narrow top of the fence. "—and being made fun of by freaking...a personification of Orthanc."

Dean frowns. "What the hell's an Orthanc?"

"Dude, Lord of the Rings," she sighs, carefully creeping to the window. "The tower of Isengard?" Dean shrugs and pulls himself up. "You are so uncultured."

The window leads right into the bedroom, and judging by the placement of electrical tape, this is where Linda was found. 

The bathroom door is open, the carpet and tiles are smeared with blood, and the shower door is broken, glass scattered about. Dean moves into the bathroom and glances around at the floor. When he moves the towel, a couple of dead spiders fall out, and Katherine stiffens, pulling out her knife. "Relax, Indiana Jones. What, are you gonna stab 'em to death?"

"I was going to throw my knife at a spider, yes," Katherine says. "You think Matt did this?"

"Maybe," Sam says. 

"So what's the motive?"

"I say we go find out," Dean says. 

It's easier climbing down the fence. She tries not to get shaky as she lowers herself down—because really it's only fifteen feet and it shouldn't scare her so much to be a bit higher off of the ground.