𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"Okay, so we aren't dealing with the Loch Ness, much to my disappointment," Katherine says, sitting on the edge of the table in the Winchester brothers' motel room. "And if we're assuming Will Carlton didn't drown himself in the sink of his own house, what the hell is it?" She crosses her arms and looks at the two brothers with a perfectly poised brow. "Water wraith?"

"Some kind of water spirit," Dean agrees, glancing over the teenager. She practically barged in, the key nearly silent in the lock. What he was more surprised at was the fact that she's dressed before him and Sam.

Her blonde hair falls around her shoulders in loose curls—there's more dark color at her roots now than there was when he first met her. She wears a long sleeve black mock-neck sweater tucked into a pair of dark blue waist-high Levis and gray chuck taylors. Dean can't find the staple black velvet choker on the length of her neck, but she's still wearing that diamond ring on her finger.

She looks good—and it's hard to not focus on her mouth, red lipstick pristine.

"Something that controls water," she hums in thought, gnawing on the inside of her cheek. She pushes herself off of the table and puts her palms flat on her lower back as she begins to slowly pace. "Okay, so all the vics drowned at the lake, and now the Carlton boy, but he was at home. What if it has something to do with the water source? What if the Carltons get their water from the lake? I mean, yesterday the sheriff said the lake is draining, so...that could explain why it's upping the body count."

"It'll be dry in a few months," Sam says, nodding in agreement. "Whatever this thing is, it's running out of time."

"And it can get through the pipes," Dean adds. "Which means it can get to anyone, anywhere—it's gonna happen again, soon."

"And we do know one other thing for sure," Sam says. "This's got something to do with Bill Carlton."

"Whoa." Katherine holds up a finger, glancing between the boys. "Rewind. Pause. Explain."

"It took both of his kids," Dean says.

Sam nods. "I did some asking around. Lucas' dad, Chris, is Bill Carlton's godson."

Katherine rocks onto her heels. "Well what are you two still lookin' at me for? Let's go pay the old man a visit."

"I don't care who you're with," Bill Carlton quietly says, staring out at the lake with glassy eyes. "I've answered enough questions today."

"Your son said he saw something in that lake," Katherine presses, jamming her hands into her utility jacket pockets. "You ever seen anything?" He doesn't answer, and the girl sighs. "Mister Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death—we think there could be a connection to you and your family, whatever's going on—"

"My children are gone," the man says, but his speech isn't enunciated, like he's talking around a lump in his throat. "It's...it's worse than dying. Go away—please."

So the three head back to the front of the house. "What do you think?" Sam murmurs.

"I think he's not telling us something," Katherine hums, leaning against the Impala.

"So now what?" Katherine's brow twitches and her eyes narrow as she gazes at the Carlton home. She hadn't noticed it before—"What?"—but it looks like Lucas' drawing.

"Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something," Katherine quietly finishes, reaching into her pocket to pull out the folded-up drawing from Lucas. A quick analysis is all it takes to confirm the house drawn is the Carlton residence.