𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

"Wait—Meg is controlling the Daeva?" Katherine asks, shrugging a blue and white flannel over her red camisole as she walks into the boys' room.

"It looked like she was using the black altar to control it," Sam confirms.

"You mentioned a bowl?"

"She was talking into it. Like the way witches used to scry into crystal balls or animal entrails. She was communicating with someone."

"With the Daeva?" Dean asks.

"No, you said those things are savages," Sam says. "No, this was something different. Someone giving her orders. Someone who's coming to that warehouse."

That reminds her.

Katherine narrows her eyes and moves to the table in her room, flipping through the file a police officer gave her. "Kat?" The boys ask.

"Mitch from the police station," she says, starting back into the other room. "He gave me two complete records on the vics this morning."

Dean's eyes twitch. "How did you manage that?"

Katherine shrugs. "When I need someone to be Dazzled, I Dazzle them."

"What's the mechanism—"

"I don't stoop to your depths, if that's what you're asking." She shakes her head. "Anyway, the first victim, the old man? He spent his whole life in Chicago. Guess where he was born."

Sam and Dean read the report. "Lawrence, Kansas?" Dean asks.

Katherine leans her palms against the table. "Meredith, the second victim." Katherine slides the girl's report forward. "She was adopted. She's from Lawrence, too."

"Holy crap."

"Yeah," Katherine scoffs.

"That's where the demon killed Mom," Sam says, turning to Dean. "That's where it all started. You think Meg's tied up with this demon?"

"I definitely wouldn't rule it out," Katherine says, running her fingertip underneath the velvet strip across her neck to adjust it.

"But what's the significance of Lawrence? And how do these Daeva things fit in?"

"Beats me," the girl says, turning the chair around, and sits in it. "I say we trash the black altar, grab Meg, and have ourselves a friendly little interrogation. I know how to waterboard. Modified for demons, of course." Dean turns to her, perplexed. "Wikipedia, dude."

"We can't," Sam says, shaking his head. "We shouldn't tip her off. We've got to stake out that warehouse, see who...or what...is showing up to meet her."

"I'll tell you one thing," Dean murmurs. "I don't think we should do this alone."

"Dude." Katherine gestures to her face. "Isn't the point of the whole Musketeers thing for backup?" She crosses her arms over the top of the chair and sits up straight. "Who would we call, anyway?"

"I could try my dad."

"Would he answer?"

"Probably not," Dean sighs.

"Okay." Katherine holds a hand over her stomach. "Before we do anything, I need to get some food  before my stomach starts to eat itself." She stands up. "Anyone who wants brunch is free to join."

Dean bolts up and Sam follows.

"What in the hell did you bring?"