𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐖𝐎

"Whatcha thinkin' about over there?" Dean asks.

Katherine turns her head to look at him, letting out a heavy sigh. "How effective a holy water IV bag would be."

Dean grins. "All right then."

"I really need to up my demon torture, Dean. The squirt gun just doesn't do it anymore." He smiles with her. She gasps, sitting up straight. "WAIT!" Dean slams on the breaks.

"What?!"

"Holy salt water!" Dean stares at her. "Huh? Huh?"

He clenches his jaw and starts to creep down the street. He pushes his palm over his heart. "Give me another damn heart attack," he grumbles.

"Holy salt water is gonna burn like a mother fucker."

Dean glances to her, her silly little raised eyebrows, and looks back to the road. "You're a sick puppy."

"But I'm right."

Dean rubs her face. "Yeah, you probably are." He looks down at a map he picked up from the gas station, the street he circled according to what Katherine read from Bobby's follow up text.

"This is the one," she croaks, nodding to the mint-green-light-blue house with red trim. She's the first one up the porch. Dean let her have that much, at least.

Approaching the front door, she took notice of the sign posted off to the side.

NO SOLICITERS

THAT MEANS YOU!

NO ASKING FOR DONATIONS &

NO SELLING ANYTHING

Katherine presses her thumb against the doorbell, brows furrowed as she reads the sign. Rufus has sure turned into a grouch, hasn't he? She hears a soft whirring, coming from her right, and looks up to see a surveillance camera turning to point at her.

"What?!" A grouchy man calls through the intercom.

Katherine sighs and clears her throat. "Rufus, it's KD! Open up, you curmudgeon."

"Girl, you talk to me like that one more time—"

Her temper flares. "Rufus, it's important!"

After a moment, the front door opens. An older dark-skinned man with a very thick mustache stands in the doorway, needlepoint glare, carrying a blue bowl of half-eaten cereal. Raisin Bran, it seems. His wardrobe appears straight from the 90s, wearing a heather gray t-shirt and an open blue button-down over that, a pair of blue jeans, and white socks. "What do you want?"

"I want to get information about Bela Talbot." He frowns and opens his mouth to speak. "And don't play dumb, Rufus, I know you know." Rufus glances over her, looking rather unsettled.

"Why you sound like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you smoke ten packs a day and got your throat punched in."

"I was intubated, you ass." Katherine raises her eyebrows at him, prompting.

"Let me tell you a little story," he says. "Once upon a time, Bobby called me, asked me to call him if I got a whiff of this Bela Talbot. I got a whiff. I called. The end."

Katherine sucks her teeth and holds up her left hand. The bottle of scotch, still boxed up and cling-wrapped. Pricey as shit.

Rufus takes the box from her. "Yeah, whatever little white witch. Get inside."