𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

"That's a cut!"

Katherine shakes her head from beside Dean. "I still can't believe you and Sam left me on set yesterday."

"You were busy." Dean shrugs, picking a taquito up.

"So Frank Jaffe was a hoax," she says. "A paid actor."

"Mhm. So did that guy really kill himself?"

Katherine shrugs, planting her hands on her hips as her eyes stay trained on set. "Looked like it," she murmurs.

"Why would a ghost be afraid of salt?" Tara scoffs. Katherine snorts, glancing down at the script.

"Oh, if only you knew," she hums. Dean offers her a taquito, which she quickly accepts.

"Marty, what do you think?" One of the producers, McG, asks, leaning against the wood wall of the set.

"Not married to salt," Marty replies. "What do you want? We still sticking with condiments?"

"Mmm...it just sounds different. Not better. What else would a ghost be scared of?"

"Maybe shotguns," Marty calls out.

"That makes even less sense than the salt," McG replies. Katherine smirks.

"These people are idiots," a fellow P.A. mutters, stalking past Katherine and Dean.

"Maybe paprika! Or spicy picante."

"Walter's a little testy for a P.A., huh?" Katherine hums, then smiles at Sam as he rounds the table.

"How's it going in here?" Sam asks, and Dean and Katherine glance to each other.

Aside from the awkward silence? "Really good," Dean says. "Tara has really stepped up her performance, and I think it's from all the sense-memory stuff."

"Sense-memory?" Sam questions.

"Yeah."

Sam sighs. "Dean, you know when I ask about how it's going here, I'm talking about the case, right?"

"Nothing new," Katherine says. "Did you get into the morgue?"

"Yeah," Sam says. "Brad's a doornail, no question."

"Hmm," Katherine nods. "Come with me. Wanna show you somethin'." She starts forward, waving the brothers forward with two of her fingers, and leads them to a sound guy she's become acquainted with. He's one of the lesser snobs she's encountered. "Hey, Dave?" He smiles at her, which she returns, and Dean picks up on a bit of the lethality of it. It sends a tingle up his spine, one of pride. Go on. "Can you play that thing you were playing earlier?"

"Sure," he says, handing a headset over, and Katherine passes it to Sam first. Dave scrubs through the clip and hits play.

It doesn't matter, one of the actors says. Katherine knows the voice is Mitch's, she's listened to it so many times. We're not leaving until we find Wendy and her sister. Right on cue, Sam's brow wrinkles. He's hearing the distortions. Then Dean has a listen, and the three are on their way.

"EVP," Sam hums.

"From last night," Katherine nods. "Dean and I swept the place for EMF and it's like it's just comin' out of nowhere. It's a legit haunting now."

"Well whose ghost?" Sam questions. "And what does it want?"

"No idea," she says. "But maybe we should take a look at Brad's death scene."

Katherine leads the other two to his vacant trailer and pops the DVD into the player. "Where did you get that?" Sam asks.

"They're called 'dailies.' I got it from Cindy—she's got this thing goin' with Drew, and he got me an extra copy."