𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

A most pleasant of greetings awakens Katherine. Sun shining on her face, the feather-light touch on her skin. It starts at the back of her neck and works down the side, along the top of her shoulder and a sudden curve at the socket. Down the lateral border and to a most sensitive region—her ribs. That's how he knows she's awake. The soft smile that tugs at her lips, the miniature parenthesis at the corner of her mouth. Not a full-fledged dimple. It's a coy thing, usually. But it's cute. It's Katherine.

One of her big blue eyes opens and she stares to her right at Dean, the tip of his middle finger tracing a small, feather-light circle on the last bit of skin before her camisole hit. He, however, is wearing nothing on his torso, just like the night before. And his hair is only half-hedgehog.

"This is a pleasant surprise," Katherine murmurs, cautiously appraising his expression, gauging it. Last night, inviting him to stay with her, was a bit of a risk, but she figured why the hell not? If her smile was magic, her kiss was downright voodoo. Irresistible. 

"Dean Winchester, cuddling?" She hums, her voice weighed with sleep, but still mellifluous. Rich like the purest honey. Deep. Private. She'd happened to close her eyes again just as he leaned in to kiss her, first on her eyelid and again at the corner of her mouth, right over that small indentation. It made her smile. 

He hums, pulling himself closer to her figure, his forehead resting near hers. His eyes are closed. "Hope you don't mind," he murmurs. After a moment of silence, both of his eyes open and stare right into hers. She was simply admiring his eyelashes.

What an insecure little girl he is.

"No," she whispers. "I just...think it's rather funny...the assumption that I would even want to kiss you more than the one time. It's completely presumptuous."

"Shaddup," he mumbles, closing his eyes again. "I'm irresistible."

"Whatever you say," she hums. He falls quiet, and she takes this time to map his features. She was always afraid to before. Afraid she would get caught. But in this moment, it seems it doesn't matter much. They've caught each other staring before.

So she reaches up to his face and delicately traces her fingertips over the days-old stubble on his jaw. Her heart races with anticipation—who knows if she'd get to do this again? Might as well take advantage, just like he is. The pad of her thumb drags across the curve of his chin—

"Kat?"

She freezes, eyes quickly flitting to his—they're still closed. "Hmm."

Dean nudges his chin into her palm, earning a small smile from her. What a needy thing to do. "How was Sophia? I never asked."

"Good," Katherine murmurs. "Just missed me is all. You know how girls get. All clingy."

"Mmm—the worst."

"Right?" She dryly muses. Then he chuckles, a simple push of air from his nose and a tug on the corner of his mouth. She hesitates for a moment, staring at the reach of his light brown lashes. Some of them are stuck together. Almost sectional. She can see his eyes moving behind his pale lavender lids. "Dean?"

"Mmmhmm." It's a low, drawn-out noise from the back of his throat.

Katherine releases a slow breath from her nose. "You don't have...uh..." She rolls her tongue over her teeth. "If you think you're...obligated to stay here...to act like—"

"Shh, shh, shh." He nudges his head up and presses his cheek to hers, smushing her face into the pillow. "You talk too much."

"Well, I'd just like some clarification for now, if that's not too much to ask." Her voice is muffled into the pillow.