𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Katherine sits with her head in her hands.

Two months passed like it was nothing. Most of it was filled with demon torture...the more they found, the harder it was to get information out of them. They needed more...everything. Everything she had to offer.

These days, it didn't feel like she had much. Running off of what? A hope?

They've been here...they've been there...and Lilith has been no where.

Two months and she hasn't stopped thinking about that cabin she dreamt about in Wyoming. Two months, and they're all panicking. Two months...and she still doesn't have any answers about the life growing inside of her. She's been too afraid to do anything...so she ignored it. That, amongst other things.

She submitted a blood test yesterday under the pretense of a badge. One vial of her blood, one vial of Dean's. Her excuse for collecting it was in the event they ever lost each other, they could always go to Bobby and use one of his little tracking spells, which Katherine had mastered at this point...and it's the only magical thing she had mastered.

Any day now she'll have an answer.

Charlie is irritated a lot these days. She doesn't know what to tell him, what to say to him anymore. She's just so numb...and he just wants to see her. And she knows he has that right, because the last five months of their lives has been nothing but short weekends and her on the road. How the hell is that for the start of a marriage?

"You okay?"

Katherine looks up at Sam as he leans against the front door of the farm house they've tracked this demon to.

"I just needed a break," she sighs. "This is stunt demon number fifty-two, it feels like."

"No stunt demon," Sam grunts, sitting down beside her. "This one's a bad sum bitch. He'd killed four women here, KD."

"I know," she murmurs. "I just...I know it's hurting Jeffrey. Doesn't really spark inspiration, you know?"

Sam drapes his arm around her shoulder and rests his head against hers. "I think you're doing a good job."

Katherine chuckles, shaking her head. "Thanks, Sam," she sighs.

If 'good job' meant being a cold, distant bitch...yeah. She'd get a gold star for that one. Part of her thought it would make it hurt less when Dean died. She isn't so sure that was the best way to do anything the past couple of months. Now they're down to the wire, and what've they got to show for it?

Nada.

The sound of a car brings Katherine out of her wallowing, only to put her on high alert. That's all she went from anymore. Well...nausea, too. Wallowing, nausea, anxiety. Repeat.

Sam frowns. "Is that..."

"Ms. Havelock?" Katherine pushes herself to her feet.

Nora Havelock appears to be in her forties. She has shoulder-length brown hair and thin eyebrows and a generally-worried expression. She's a Wiccan who asked Bobby for help regarding the murders in Couer d'Alene.

"You shouldn't have come," Sam says. Katherine just sighs and opens the front door of the farmhouse for her.

"I needed to see it for myself," Nora says. "After all those hours, tracking...? I mean, it's one thing to study them in books..."

"Yeah," Katherine sighs. She nods Ms. Havelock to the back of the house. "Only if you're sure." Nora nods, and follows after the two hunters.

"Do I smell menopause?"