𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

"Roy La Grange is a fraud! He's no healer!"

"Amen brother." Katherine tucks the journalist's flyer into her jacket with a sigh. Dean pats her shoulder and they split, Katherine heading to the La Grange house with Sam, and Dean to the tent.

"You know what we're looking for?" Sam whispers.

The girl snorts. "No," she murmurs, creeping around the back of the wraparound porch, watching a sheriff's deputy escort Sue Anne and Roy down the stairs. "Probably something old and ugly-lookin'." She pulls up on the window and smiles in success before slipping between the cracks with the grace of a feline.

Appropriately named, Sam thinks to himself, attempting to mimic her lithe movement. He's much too tall for it, though, but silent on his feet like many good hunters.

"Split up," Katherine murmurs, glancing around the dated wallpaper-enclosed living room. "Start here, work back."

"Where are you going?" Sam asks as she starts away. Katherine points to a closed door.

The study looks even older than the house itself. She glances around for a moment before moving straight for the antique bookshelf, gazing at the encyclopedias, bibles and various medical journals the La Granges have in stock. Judging by the dust buildup, these haven't been touched in a while.

She stops.

The huntress carefully removes her fingers, staring down at the dust on the shelf. She looks for a disruption, a hard line perhaps, and smiles, pleased with the evidence.

She pries a dinosaur copy of the Old and New Testament from the shelf and flips through the pages, looking for a makeshift box that had been cut out, perhaps. She finds nothing and sighs, shutting the bible abruptly before another idea comes to mind. Her long fingers probe the back of the cabinet before they come across a leathery surface.

Katherine pulls the book from the depths of the shelf and replaces the testaments before thumbing through the little booklet. One of the first things she comes across is the strange cross she saw in the tent.

"Bingo."

A few pages behind is a depiction of what she would've imagined, as a child, the Grim Reaper to have looked like. Robe, scythe and all. It's marked with a strip of black velvet, like a bookmark.

She analyzes the newspaper clippings folded up in the book and notices a strange connection: they're authored by the same journalist. His picture is at the foot of every article.

The one from outside.

Katherine pulls her phone out and presses '2' as she moves from the study. "Sam," she calls.

"What've you got?" Dean asks on the other end of the line.

Sam turns expectantly to her. "Roy's choosing victims he sees as immoral," she says, recalling the man's words from the service earlier. "I think I know who's next." Sam, wide-eyed, follows her out of the window. "Remember that protestor?" She asks, shutting the window.

"Parking lot guy?"

"Mhm. We're gonna find him, but you can't let Roy heal anyone, you got me?"

"Yeah, I'll figure something out."

"Be careful." Katherine hangs up and stuffs her phone into her back pocket.

"How did you figure it out?" Sam asks. Katherine hands him the newspaper clippings and soldiers on.

"Split up—we'll find him faster." Katherine and Sam take opposite sides of the parking lot. She circles her end twice before looking across the way. She throws her hands up and Sam shakes his head. "Damn it."