𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Katherine lets out a weak laugh as the lights go out.

"We're so fucked," she whispers.

The emergency light flips on, giving some way in the darkness.

"Kat, you okay?" Sam asks. She can't see much outside of his silhouette by the bars of her cell.

"Yeah," she murmurs. "Yeah, it's starting to hurt, so...adrenaline's wearing off." She clenches her fist. "No nerve damage...yet." She sighs and starts for the other side of her small cell. "What the hell was that 'she's pregnant' bullshit?"

Dean's head snaps up at that. "You're not?"

"No," she scoffs.

Dean looks to Sam. "Why'd you say that?"

"Remember how I told you I had six months without you?" Sam asks. He shrugs. "She had a baby. I assumed it would be true." He looks to Katherine, silently asking for confirmation.

She shrugs. "No?" The brothers stare at her still, then she scratches her forehead. "Jesus Christ on a rubber crutch, you're gonna make me say it. I'm on birth control. Obviously."

"Obviusly," Dean mutters, leaning back against the wall. He watches her shift uncomfortably, pressing a spare rag from Dean's jacket into her shoulder.

"You know what, butt out," she continues. "Charlie's mom hasn't even asked us when we're having kids."

"What's the plan?" Henriksen's voice echoes into the holding cells as he walks down the corridor. He stops between the two cells, looking to all three of the hunters. "Kill everyone in here, bust the three of you out?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Dean asks.

"I'm talking about your psycho friends. I'm talking about a bloodbath."

Katherine scoffs. "Whoever's out there is not here to help us, I can guarantee that. Look, everyone in here is in some serious shit."

"You think?"

Katherine plants her feet. "Why don't you let us out of here so we can save your asses?"

"From what?"

Katherine runs her tongue along her teeth, glancing to the Winchesters, and raises a brow as if to say, "Who's got this one?"

"You gonna say 'demons'?" Henriksen asks, and holds his gun up in frustration. "Don't you dare say 'demons'!"

"Demons," the young woman hums.

He turns to her, leaning close to the bars. "Let me tell you somethin'. You should be a lot more scared of me."

Katherine gives a brief chuckle through her nose, stoically appraising the agent. After a moment of silence, she quirks a brow, and Henriksen leaves.

"How's your shoulder?" Sam asks.

"It's awesome, Sam," Katherine mutters, and turns to look at him. She sighs at his typical puppy dog expression. "I'll be fine." Dean is unusually quiet. "So...either of you got a plan?"

"I thought you were coming up with the plan?" Sam chuckles.

"Yeah, well, I'm phoning a friend."

"Hey," Dean casually calls, and Katherine looks up; his gaze is locked across the room, brows furrowed and eyes curious as he carefully starts for the opposite bars of his cell. Katherine turns to try to poke her head out of her own.

Nancy, the receptionist, is lingering behind the corner, large dark eyes cautiously darting between the federal fugitives.

"It's Nancy, right?" Dean continues. Katherine can no longer see the receptionist. "Nancy, she's been shot...and she—she's--" Dean glances to the blonde in the opposite cell. "She's pregnant, all right, and she's bleeding real bad--could...could we get a towel, maybe?"