She was lying there as pale as winter snow with deep red staining her shirt and the floor she was laying on. I couldn’t even tell if she was breathing but then the thing that had my breath caught in my throat was the bullet wound in her left shoulder.

She had cuts ranging from only just drawing blood to deep gashes that would scar and bruises that were already starting to turn purple.

I walked over to her as fast as my jelly like legs would let me walk and lightly picked her up. What surprised me was how light she was but that was pushed to the back of my head when I saw the bits of shard glass sitting on the ground where she was laying before. I adjusted her so I could feel her head and when I removed my hand from her head hand all I saw was her blood.

I knew then that I wouldn’t be able to fix this even with my medical knowledge from when I have to fix my own cuts. She had to go to the emergency room otherwise she might not live.

I practically ran with my little fragile dragon in my arms then placed her in the back seat carefully. I jumped in the front seat and put my foot on the gas in hopes that the shorter wait might mean that she could have a higher chance of living. I don’t know why but I can’t let her go now.

I managed to get to the hospital and into the doors of the emergency room then I shouted out “Help! She was shot and I can’t lose her.” My voice got quieter as I continued the sentence. I gazed down at her little face and just wished that she would open those amazing chocolate brown eyes.

I think I’m falling for Ashley Black.

~

7 hours of waiting in the emergency waiting room and there’s still no information on whether she’s dead or alive. The harsh reality of the situation was finally settling in and I was getting more and more anxious as each minute passed just hoping I was graced with a miracle. Well you know what they say; you never know what you got till it’s gone, and I was living with regret because I always thought she was attractive and pretty sure but I thought it was normal to feel that way because I’ve never had a friend who’s a girl before.

Finally a doctor walked in and announced “Ashley Black?” I instantly stoop up and the family who only came in a matter of minutes ago looked up then back down with sad faces.

“Is she going to live?” I asked hopefully.

“I’m sorry son but she’s only got a twenty five percent of living.” He said sadly.

“Can I see her?” I asked him.

“I’m not meant too but keep this between you and I.” He smiled. “I know what it’s like to be close to losing someone you love.” He said thoughtfully.

I was a little taken back because I surely wasn’t in love with the fierce brunette but I didn’t want him to tell me I couldn’t see her. I silently followed him to the room but he stopped just before we entered.  “She may or may not have short term memory loss so if she doesn’t remember you, give her time.” He smiled warmly at me before pushing the door open for me to enter.

The sight was really sad with I walked in. She had tubes all attached to her and something was there helping her breathe. I walked in silently and sat down in the chair next to her then took her tiny fragile hand in mine and felt the coldness of hers in mine. It was like fire and ice, not and cold or sun and Pluto.

I sat in silence just embracing her hand in mine while I watched her abnormally low heart rate start to rise. It went from mid-sixties and jumped right up to nineties and it kept going. I started panicking and pet go of her hand to get the doctor but it stated settling down and went back to the slow pace.

I got out my phone and called her had to inform him on what the latest news was and when he heard she wasn’t dead he was relieved beyond the moon.

~

“It’s been two weeks Kolton, you have school to catch up on and you need to shower and eat properly.” Rick said to me but I wasn’t listening. Each day her survival rate was dropping and my hope was being crushed beyond belief. I knew she was a strong fighter but I just needed her to wake up so I could know she’s alright.

“I have been showering and eating and I don’t care about school work.” I said bluntly. I knew he cared about me but I was more hell bent on getting her to wake up.

“Please? If not for me but for Ashley” He said gazing at his beautiful daughter.

“She really did turn out to be a beautiful princess. I’m such a bad father, I ran away from her then the moment she comes back into my life she’s practically dead.” He whispered and his eyes started getting glossy.

“She’s going to be fine. She’s my little strong dragon.” I said with a smile. I picked up her hand and put a delicate kiss on it in which her heart rate increased in response.

“What was that?” Her dad asked and I was curious as to why it would increase every time I touched her.

“I’m going to get you some food seeing as you won’t go and get it.” Rick grumbled and let the room so I was alone with my Ash. Wait My Ash? She wasn’t mine so why was I thinking like that?

I pushed that though aside and picked up her hand and stayed seated on the seat next to her bed. “Ash, can’t you just wake up now to my sexy voice?” I teased. “You know in movies and books when it’s all cliché with the guy talking to the girl and then they all of a sudden wake up? I kind of whish that could happen now actually because then I wouldn’t have to worry so much and I could get some proper sleep.” I laughed humourlessly then a comfortable silence settled upon us and I kept her little hand in mine. She was still so cold and it was starting to scare me. Her lips weren’t as pink and colourful anymore but more dark and lifeless.

“Please just wake up.” I sighed and before you know it I was falling asleep with her dainty hand in mine which surprisingly brought piece to me. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this horribly written guys point of view but i wanted to post it and ammounce the winners of the comp. Oh, and also, the reason I have started putting the little stars on some words is because its rated pg because of its language but I don't want it to go up to restricted or whatever it is just because of some swear words.

Competition winners!

1st place- Maleficient

2nd place- smilingcupcake

3rd place- Use_Your_Voice

Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who entered!!! :D I loved each and every cover that was make.