Chapter 5: The Argument

Start from the beginning

"Elliot?" Dani breathed, and I was pulled from the moment, and stared at my wife.

"I love you." I breathed.

<^>

Olivia's POV

I laid in bed after dinner, while Brian slept next to me. I couldn't get what I did with Elliot out of my mind.

How gentle he was. How amazing it felt when his lips touched mine, and touched every inch of my body. I knew it was wrong, but I needed to be with him. I needed to explore the feelings that I had for him.

I love Brian, or at least I think I do. But right now, I needed to talk to Elliot without yelling.

I climbed out of bed and into the living room. I dialed Elliot's number, and waited for him to answer.

"Liv?" Elliot spoke, his voice tense.

"Am I interrupting something?" I asked.

"Um, kinda. Can I call you tomorrow?" he asked, and I heard Dani say something snotty behind him.

"Never mind. It isn't important. Take care." I breathed, getting ready to hang up.

"No, Liv! Wait. I don't want to stop..." He trailed off, and I frowned.

"Enjoy your life, El."

I swallowed hard as I hung up.

I needed to just forget about what happened. I needed to pay attention to my job. Brian. Not what I did in the back of the rental car with my ex partner.

<^>

I went to work the next morning, and when I went out to get coffee for the crew, Elliot was standing outside, leaning against a light pole. I bit my lip, and prayed that he didn't notice me.

"Liv!" He called, and I stopped next to the sedan and looked at him.

"Elliot, you are supposed to be on a plane back to DC." I breathed, and he walked over and stood close to me.

"I couldn't leave without saying goodbye to you." he replied, and I frowned.

"You did before." I breathed, and he sighed.

"I know, and I regret that, Liv. Can we please just talk for a few minutes?" he asked, and I shrugged.

"I'm on a coffee run, so probably not."

"Walk with me." Elliot replied and I groaned.

"Okay, but we are making this quick." I replied.

Elliot and I walked down the sidewalk towards a coffee shop, and his hand skimed mine.

"Don't." I breathed, and he frowned.

"Liv, come on." he frowned.

"El, you are clearly married,and I'm in a relationship." I replied.

"We can leave both of them." he stated, and I stopped in my tracks and he walked a few steps forward, before stopping and turning to look at me.

"You got to be fucking crazy." I laughed.

"I am, but I may be crazy for you." he stated, and I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck. El, go home. Watch your daughter grow up!" I replied.

"Olivia, why can't you understand that since the day I met you, I've been in love with you?" he questioned, and I crossed my arms over my chest and swallowed hard.

"Since the first day?" I asked, and he smiled.

"Since you walked in with that horrid hair cut." he teased, and I blushed.

"Thanks a lot, El." I replied, and he stepped forward and we were close enough that our breaths were mingling.

He cupped my cheeks in his hands and gently placed his lips to mine, and I kissed him back. In that moment, I didn't care who saw. All I wanted was to keep our lips together.

"I should get going." I breathed when we parted.

"Call me?" he asked, and I shrugged.

"How will your wife respond to that? She hates me, El. I heard what she said last night."

"She didn't mean it." He replied, and I shrugged as I walked past him and he watched me walk away.

"Stop checking out my ass, Stabler!" I called.

Hey guys! Please vote/comment/share! Thanks for reading and please comment or pm me to give me all of your feedback! :D