"Daddy's Girl" (2/2)

Start from the beginning

Colby looked at me, he had a scared and concerned look on his face.

I looked back at my father and bolted out of the living room. I sprinted up the stairs and into my room. I slammed the door behind me and leaned against it, catching my breath.

Once I fought my breath, I ran over to my dresser and opened the 3rd drawer. I dug through my clothes and pulled out my secret knife. I held it close and took a deep breath.

I walked back over to the door and listened. I could hear their conversation from downstairs.

"Listen here. You're going to get the fuck out of my house right now, and if you don't, you will severely wish you did."

Then, silence.

"I'll take my chances." I heard Colby state.

There was another pause.

"Okay then." My father replied.

Even though I couldn't see him, I knew he was doing that creepy smile of his.

There was silence, until I heard glass shattering, a scream, and something hit the floor.

I took a second to process what was happening, but then I realized.

"Colby!" I shouted as I ran out of my room and down the stairs.

I was met with the sight of Colby laying face down on the tile surrounded by a tiny pool of blood and my father nowhere to be seen.

The front door was wide open.

That bastard escaped again.

I rushed over to Colby and kneeled on the ground next to him.

"Colby?" I asked frantically as I rubbed my hand over his body, checking for injuries.

He squinted his eyes and groaned as he sat up.

He looked at the pool of blood and his eyes widened.

I looked at him and his nose was bleeding, and there was a giant blood stain on his sleeve. I took his hand in mine and rolled up his sleeve.

On his arm was a gash, violently dropping blood.

"How?" I asked as I examined the wound.

"He broke the beer bottle on the edge of the table and stabbed me with it." He answered.

"I think the med-kit's in the--" I got interrupted by a loud gasp at the front door.

Colby and I both turned our heads to the front door, expecting my father to be standing there, ready to fight.

But it wasn't, it wasn't my dad.

It was my mom.

I wonder what she was screaming at.

My holding a giant ass knife.

The fact that Colby was bleeding excessive amount of blood.