Part 16

Bey POV

"Hello?"
"Giselle?"
I sighed, "Hi mommy."
"What's wrong baby?"
"I'm just tired."
"How is everything?"
"The kids are fine, they just miss their daddy."
"And how are you holding up?"
"I just want to sleep."
"Where are you?"
"Outside on a balcony."
"Giselle-"
"Mama, I'm just getting some fresh air. I needed it."
"Okay, well hold it together. We'll be there this weekend to give you a break."
"Thank you but I have to go."
"Why?"
"Mama." I said slightly annoyed.
"Alright, I get it. But FaceTime me before you put my babies to sleep."
"Got it." Click. I looked out over the city as the wind blew. I walked back in the building and down the halls. Only the sound of my heels clicking on the floor. Today was the big show and I'm ready.
"Wake them up. Our special guest should be here soon." I said to the guard.

Solange POV

I was at the hospital watching Jay just in case somebody else tried to come in and kill him. I heard shuffling and looked over to see Jay's eyed wide open. I immediately ran to get a nurse. They went in with the doctor and checked his vitals and stuff then left to give him some space. I shot Bey and Dre a text in the group chat to let them know what was going on. I walked back in after they were done.
"Solange?" he said in a raspy voice. I went to get him a glass of water.
"You sleep good?"
"How long was I out?"
"Uh Thanksgiving was last week."
"Shit."
"Today is Friday. You and Ky's birthday is tomorrow."
"Where's Bey?"
"....... she's at work."
"I want to see her."
"I don't know if she can get out of there. You know, it's flu season. Lots of sick kids."
"Solange where is my wife?" he asked sternly.
"I told you she's at work."
"She only works half days on Fridays."
I sighed, "Look, she's not going to be available until later tonight. I would go into detail but that's not happening. You should be resting anyways."
He scrunched up his face, "Where are my kids?"
"With Daniel. Your mom and sister are staying at your old condo while me and Andre switch between you and them."
"Who's watching-"
"She needed to do this on her own. We tried to convince her otherwise but she wouldn't budge."
"I need to be with her." he said trying to get out of the bed.
"Woah, woah. Calm down. You are definitely not going to her. How do you expect to protect her with weak vitals?"
"Someone needs to be with her." he said wincing in pain. "She'll need help."
"You really underestimate your wife. Look she might not have been in the game but the girl hasn't lost her touch, trust me I'd know."
"I know y'all are Knowles kids but she is my wife. I don't want her to be around those men alone. Cortez threatened her life."
"Say what?"
"I heard a voice, not sure who's it was. But they said that if he dies so does she."
I grabbed my phone and quickly tried to dial her number. Shit, she's not answering. I called Andre, "Dre!"
"Yo."
"It's a setup."
"What?"
"They're going there to kill her."
"How you know that?"
"Shawn said he heard a voice saying that 'if he dies, she dies'. He had to have known that she was willing to kill him before we snatched ole girl."
"You call her?!"
"She's not answering!! What are we going to do?!"
"Shit I say we get him when they pull up!"
"Now you know we can't do that, it's too risky. Look I'm going to make a call. Meet me there in ten. They not supposed to show up for another couple hours."
"What about the Carters?"
"Call D and tell him to bring the kids over there and stay with them until we call."
"Alright. Ten minutes." Click.
"What's going on?"
"Listen, your cop friend is coming by to visit. He's just going to have to stay a little while longer."
"Wait-"
"There's no time. He should be here in like twenty minutes. You should be good, it's security guards up here. But if you want her home safe, let us handle this."
I left out the room and ran down the stairs. I hopped in my car and sped off to the location.

I pulled up fifteen minutes later to the building. My brother looks pissed but he'll be alright, I'm here ain't I? I got out and here comes the blow up.
"We said ten-"
"The phone call went a little over." I said going inside.
"So?"
"She should be good, we just have to warn her so she won't be caught off guard."
"You know she hates when things get flipped and she's the last to know."
"Well if Sh-" We both stopped when we saw Bey sitting there eating a Jason's Deli sandwich.
"What are y'all doing here? I told you this was for me to handle."
"Bey we need to talk yo you. Alone."
"Everybody out. Make sure this place is secured. Nobody gets in or out without my approval." she wiped her mouth and motioned for us to sit down.
"Why are y'all here?"
"Bey this is a set up."
"I know. I set it up. I sent the rose."
"No, listen. He's not coming alone to collect a body. Cortez thinks that he's dead and as revenge he's going to have you killed."
"How you know this?"
"Shawn-"
"Jay? He's in a coma."
"I sent it in the group text. He's awake and he heard voices talking. Bey you're being set up in your own set up."
She sat thinking, "I'm killing him on sight now."
"You don't have to worry about that."
"Girl you just told me that a man is on his way to kill me! I'm shooting his ass as soon as he walks through that door!"
"BB! Look we already made arrangements for him. You just have to go through as if you're giving him a body."
"Then what?! He kills me?!"
"Listen." We began to explain everything and how it was going down. I just hope things go according to this plan. It should but my sister is dressed in this white and I'm not trying to hear her mouth if she gets blood on it. I mean who the hell wears white to a funeral?