Part 4

Flashback

"Morning mommy's baby." I cooed to my baby boy. He just looked up at me giggling. Today my baby boy is 6 months old.
"Let's get you ready for your check up."
The door bell rang so I picked him up and went to open the door.
"There's my handsome nephew." Kelly said taking him from me. "Hey Bey." she said kissing my cheek.
"Hey Kelly. What you doing here?"
"We have a surprise for you." she said bouncing Kyle around.
"We?"
"Yeah, Michelle and I have a surprise for you after you take Kyle to get his check up. So let's go." she said pushing me towards my room. "Go get ready. I'll get him ready."

"He's such a big boy. Didn't even cry this time." Taraji said.
"Yeah that's mama's tough man." I said as I held him.
"And how's Titan?"
"Getting rowdier as the days go by. Just last week he got in trouble at school for hitting this little boy." Kelly said shaking her head.
"Awww leave my nephew alone." I said laughing.
"Yeah, okay. We'll see how you are when you get that call about Ky."
"Well ladies, I have to go see my other patients. But text me and we can do lunch later this week."
"Okay, bye T." we said.
"Now what's this surprise y'all got planned? Do I need to call Mama Gloria to come get Ky."
"No, he can come too."
"I guess." we got up and left the doctor's office after I made his next appointment.

"Kelly what are we doing here?"
We were at BBQ's. Shawn and I's favorite restaurant. I haven't been here in a while because it just reminds me too much of him and our relationship.
"I'm hungry, and I know you are too. So come on." she said getting out the car.
"We passed so many restaurants that you could have stopped at." I said following suit.
"But I want the food here."
We walked in and sat at a booth towards the back so Kyle could get his nap without so much noise around him.
"So how've you been Bey? You know since the whole thing went down."
"I've been taking it day by day."
"How's your mom?"
"She's doing better. She's been in remission for three months now."
"Well that's good to hear."
"Yeah I just wish she could meet Kyle."
"She hasn't been to see him?"
"I send her pictures, but she hasn't physically seen him." I sighed. "With her treatments and Shawn's threats, I just don't want to give him any ammunition."
"Threats?"
"He threatened to throw my brother in jail and take both of the kids from me without visitation if I ever took them around my family." I sighed, "I don't get to see Blue as it is."
"I'm so sorry Bey." she said grabbing my hands.
"Kelly, I can't do this anymore." I began. "He won't talk to me or let me see my daughter."
"Bey just give him time. I know him. He just needs to blow some steam off."
"Kelly the last time I saw my daughter was my son's birth. Before that it had been months too." I said with tears rolling down my face. "I miss my baby girl."
"I know you do and she misses her mommy."
"How is she Kelly?"
"She's doing fine. Growing and she asks about you all the time."
"I wish I could call her."
"Maybe you won't have to. Here comes Michelle and Callie." Kelly said looking up. I quickly dried my eyes.

"MOMMY!!" I heard. I turned around and saw Blue running through the restaurant towards me. I got up and picked her up as soon as she made it towards me.
"Oh my BlueBlue!" I said holding her so tight.
"I missed you so much mommy." she said crying while hugging my neck.
"Baby I missed you too." I said wiping my tears.
I sat down in a chair with Blue still clinging to me.
"Mommy, why did you leave me?" she asked in a sad voice.
"No, baby I didn't leave you." I said trying to soothe her. "Mommy just lives in a different house now."
"Why didn't you bring me with you?" she asked looking at me.
"Baby, daddy wanted you to stay with him."
"Did you not love me anymore?" she said with tears still in her eyes.
"Never. I would never not love you sweetie." I said holding her tight. "I will always love you Blue."
"How did y'all get him to agree to letting me see her?" I asked.
"I told him that Callie missed her little cousin and convinced him that he needed a break." Michelle said. "So technically he doesn't know."
"Yeah and plus I wanted to see you too Auntie BB." Callie smiled.
"Right now I don't even care. Thank y'all so much." I said smiling. "Blue do you want to see your baby?"
She nodded her head, "I haven't seen Ky since he was little."
I pulled the top of his carseat back so she could get a better look.