Part 13

Bey POV

I walked into the restaurant and went straight to the back. I was here on business and didn't have time to waste. I saw two men dressed in suits standing near a door and made my way over there.
"Woah, the bathroom is the other way."
"I'm not looking for a bathroom. I need to have a word with your boss." They looked at me strangely, "Tell him Giselle Knowles is here."
One of them went inside and the other still stood guard. A few minutes later he came back, "He's a little busy at the moment."
"I don't have time for this shit. Tell him I need to talk now."
"Ma'am he's not going to see you."
"Ch. That's what you think." I pulled out my phone and sent a text. "I'll be at the bar. He has ten minutes or I walk."
I went to sit at the bar and ordered myself an apple mango martini. I scrolled through my messages and sent Jay an 'I love you' text. He's fully forgiven and we're moving forward with our relationship one step at a time. I haven't moved back in just yet because I need to finish this before I do. Then I want us to move into a completely new house. Just as I was about to leave those same men came up to me.
"Señor Cortez will see you now."
I smirked, "I thought so." I walked back to the room and sat down at the table across from him.
"Señorita Knowles what a pleasure to see you. You look beautiful, might I add."
I glanced at him and then got the waiter's attention, "I'll have the shrimp and chicken alfredo pasta please. Oh and wrap up another one in a to-go box."
He looked at him, "Go ahead."
When he was out of the room I spoke, "I'm glad you decided to meet with me on such short notice. I know you're a very busy man."
"Well you convinced me."
"I'm sure I did." I smiled. "So let's chat."
"What about?"
"Few weeks ago my daughter was taken from her home. My father has been loyal to his partners all these years. Why would someone want to get to me and I've been gone for years?"
"I don't know what you're talking about. I just got to New York a few days ago."
"Yeah I know but see," I started to sarcastically laugh. "The little note left with her when she 'magically' reappeared had a big clue."
"Oh?"
"Yes, only my family and close business partners know about the particular flower my siblings and I leave."
"I see."
"You're the only one here sir."
"I can assure you that I never laid a hand on your child."
I sipped my drink, "Mhm. I'm sure."
"You don't believe me?"
"Oh I know you didn't do it yourself but you know who did. And I want to know why they did it."
"Let's say I do. Why would I give them up?"
"Because your nephew's life depends on it."
"You wouldn't hurt him. Not with the deal I have with your father."
"Oh of course not. I'm sitting here, just like you just got to New York a few days ago." My food came, "I may not be in the game but I still have connections."
"Giselle-"
"Who touched my child?"
"I don't have to answer to you."
I continued to eat my pasta, "Fine with me." I pulled out my phone.
"Wait!"
"What?" I said typing away on my phone. I don't have time to play with this man.
"How do you know that they were targeting you?"
I stopped, "Excuse you?"
He started smirking, "Maybe you should talk to your husband. Shawn right?"
"Why would you need to target him?"
"Again I had nothing to do with your daughter's disappearance."
"And again I wasn't born yesterday."
"Giselle you won't kill Miguel." he challenged.
I had finished my meal and the waiter brought my other food. I gathered my things to leave. "Not yet I won't."

I finally made it home after sitting in that traffic. I called Kelly and Michelle over because I haven't seen them in a while. I missed my girls. It was going on six o'clock. They should be here in an hour so I'm going to change into something more comfortable. I heard a knock on the door but didn't move.
"Beyoncé!"
"What?!"
"What? Bitch open the door!"
"It's two sets of hands out there with two spare keys! Use them!"
They groaned but I saw them open the door and come to the backyard.
"Bey?"
"Yes?"

"Bey?""Yes?"