Part 11

Flashback
Jay POV

"I made a card for mommy. Can I go give it to her?"
"Blue I told you you can't see mommy right now."
"Why not?"
"She took you without daddy's permission."
"But I really want to give her this card."
"Maybe some other time. Go upstairs and get you and Ky's bag for GG's house." I looked at the card and realized what type of card it was. Shit I forgot all about it. I don't really feel anything, but I guess I could let the kids FaceTime her. I walked upstairs to Blue's room.
"Blue you wanna FaceTime your mom?"
"Can I really daddy?" she asked excitedly. I nodded. "Ooo thank you! Ky, we get to call mommy!"
I set up the call and handed the phone to Blue. It rang so long I thought she wasn't going to answer. On the last ring she finally picked up. I could see it on her face that she had cleary been crying.
"Happy Birthday Mommy!" Blue screamed.
"Aww thank you my princess!"
"You welcome." she cheesed into the phone
"Blue you look so pretty. And Ky you look so handsome. Y'all have gotten so big."
"Thank you mommy. You look beautiful too."
"Mommy pretty." Kyle said clapping.
They talked to her for a little while longer while I finished gathering their stuff.
"Mommy can you come pick us up?" I heard a Blue ask.
"I would love-"
"Come on guys it's time to get ready to go to GG's house." I said cutting her off. "Say goodbye."
"But we weren't done talking to her."
"Blue I have to go to work."
She blew her breath, "Bye mommy. We love you."
"I love you guys too." I took the phone and ended the call.
I went to drop the kids off and went to work. After close I decided to just spend the night at my mom's. I was too tired to drive anyway. As I was walking towards the door, I seen this car pull up. When I got a closer look, I saw Bey get out the car.
"Girl you got some nerve."
"Where are they?"
"They who?"
"My kids! I want to see them."
"You saw them earlier."
"That was through a punk ass screen. I need to hold them."
"Bey go home you're drunk."
"No let me see my kids!"
"They sleep!"
"You never let me see them! It's my birthday! Stop being an ass Shawn!"
"Come back sober, it's 3 in the dam morning!"
"....."
"Bye Beyoncé."
"That's why I shot your brother." she slurred while walking away.

The next day I got up early and thought back to what Beyoncé said last night. She killed Eric? How's that possible? She would have had to been a kid. Nah, she was just talking shit, right? Either way I'm going to talk to her about it. I left the house and drove the ten minutes to her house. I knocked on the door and she answered.
"We need to talk." she stepped to the side without saying a word and let me in. "Do you remember yesterday?"
"I had a birthday that was shitty." she mumbled.
"That's all you remember."
She looked at me and then went towards the kitchen, "I told you I killed Eric."
"You was trying to hurt me or what...."
"I was young. Your brother stole from my father and was being dealt with. My sister and I were in training. I was handed a gun at two in the morning and told to shoot him twice. The second time, I flinched and hit his neck. I know what I did was wrong and that's why I left the rose on your mom's doorstep."
"You left the rose?"
"Really? That's all you heard was I left a rose? Did you not hear what I said?"
"I'm trying to process this."
"I killed Eric! I did! I didn't mean to or want to! My daddy said shoot! He made me do it!"
I don't know what came over me but I slapped her ass to the ground. Then I went to choke her. I had my hands around her neck squeezing for dear life. But then I remembered my kids. Blue loves her mom and would be so hurt if I killed this trifling ass bitch. So I let her go. She looked at me in shock and horror for a moment. She was trying to catch her breath and then pulled a gun out.
"Get yo ass out of my house!"
"You killed my brother! Evil bitch!"
"And I should kill you too for what you just did to me! What the hell happened to you never hitting a woman?!"
"That was before I knew who you really were!"
"Shawn leave." she calmly said.
"Forget about seeing Blue and Ky! You'll be lucky if they even remember your wack ass!"

Bey POV

"I didn't tell him in the best way, I can admit that. I was drunk and emotional."
"How did that make you feel Shawn?"
"I was hurt. She-"
"Don't tell me. Tell her."
"Bey that was too much. You lying about your family and T being killed by Andre was one thing. But you killing my older brother was different."
"How?"
"..... I guess I was hoping you were different. I was mad at you for lying but I had hoped that you weren't like them. But so much for hope."
"And now? Am I different from my family?"
"The fact that you separated yourself from them speaks volumes. At the time I couldn't see that you put the effort in to be a better person. I was blinded by anger and hurt. I made a mistake. I left you vulnerable and I apologize for it."
"You said you left her vulnerable. Explain."
"I understand. He doesn't need to say it."
"Giselle you alright?"
"Uncle C, I'm good. I promise."
"Well did y'all bring the assignment from last time?" We pulled out our lists. "Okay, Giselle read one thing from your good and bad list."
"Shawn is a great supporter. While I was in school, he would always send me study packs."
"Study packs?"
"It was a basket full of my favorite snacks with little encouraging notes attached to each of them." I smiled.
"That's good. Now the bad?"
"His lack of trust, which is partially my fault. He doesn't trust my actions, past or present. He thinks the love I had for him was a lie. At one point he thought I was a danger to my children, which hurt. He's just now allowing me to see the kids more."
"Is this true?"
"I feel like our whole relationship was a lie. And I feel her family is too dangerous to be around our kids."
"Well give me something from your list."
"Bey is a protector. She's always been that way with the kids, family, me, and our friends. The bad thing is I don't feel I can trust her. She's lied about so much. I also don't feel her protectiveness was out of love. I think it was out of fear that she would be found out one day."
"That's not true Shawn." I began. "I love y'all. I would do anything for y'all. Yes, I disowned my family. But that doesn't mean my love and protective ways weren't genuine."
"What about your lies?" He said cutting me off. "You've lied about so much how am I supposed to trust your motives?"
"I didn't want to live that life, or bring that around my friends. I also didn't want my future family to live that lifestyle either. Excuse the hell out of me for thinking of my future children."
"Listen, I might be a little biased. But Giselle didn't have a choice growing up. It was her father's way or no way. When she ran away, that's when she decided that she was fed up with it. That was the day she chose to live for her future self."
"I understand that but-"
"Would it have mattered?"
"What?"
"Her lying about her family? Would you be as angry with her if your brother were still alive?"
"I guess not."
"Don't guess. Be sure. Tell her how you feel."
"I'm mad as hell that my brother is dead. I didn't expect it to be you, my wife and mother of my children. That's what really hurts the most. I expected it to be some bum."
"Well I'm done. I can't change the past. You need to decide right here and right now. Either you forgive me or hold the grudge and sign next to my name."