Part 10

Bey POV

Today I'm meeting Shawn at a restaurant to "talk" while the kids are with his sister. I'm really prepared for whatever. I said my peace and it's really in his court.
"Reservation for Carter."
"Right this way ma'am. Mr. Carter has already arrived." I followed behind him to a table near the window.
"Thank you."
"Hello Beyoncé."
"Hi Shawn."
"I ordered your favorite pasta if that's okay with you."
I smiled, "I'm suprised you remembered."
"I couldn't forget, you're very routined when we go out to certain places."
"Well thank you."
We ate in silence once our food arrived. It was akward as hell. He invited me to talk and he ain't talking. I mean I'm going to enjoy this free food but I could have stayed home if I wanted to eat in silence. The check came and he still hasn't said much.
"Well I'm about to go home." I said about to leave.
"Walk the trail with me." There was a park across the street.
"Okay."

"You remember the first time we walked this trail?"
"Yeah it was when we were still friends. You kept trying to convince me to be your girl."
"I really liked you back then. You remember what I told you?"
".... Mhmm."
"It didn't have an expiration date you know."
"Shawn-"
"Bey I told you that I liked you, flaws and all. Your past wasn't going to change my feelings for you. As long as you were honest with me." he stopped and looked at me. "You should have been honest with me."
"But they did."
"You weren't honest with me."
"I couldn't tell anyone the truth about me. I've had blood on my hands since the age of 10. My first murder still haunts me. I've taken lives, not all were innocent but still."
"You didn't have to go through that alone. I was willing to be there for you."
"What about now? Are you still willing to be there for me?"
"Bey-"
"Shawn I have too much shit going on to continue to play this game with you."
"What you mean? What's been up with you?"
"You don't care." I said looking away.
He grabbed my chin gently and turned me towards him. "Bey, I never stopped caring."
It was a long pause before I answered him, "He did it again." I whispered.
"What?"
I shook my head with tears streaming down my face, "Don't make me say it."
He stared at me for a little while. Then he grabbed me and held me while I cried in his shirt.
"You need to report this."
"No. I'm not dealing with any cops. I don't need anyone digging into my past."
"When did this happen?"
"I went to the hospital to get tested for diseases and was clean."
"That's not answering my question."
"I was pregnant with Kyle."
"The fuck?" he said angrily. "This bitch raped you while you were pregnant?!"
I nodded, "FUCK!"
"Shawn-"
"Nah, it's my fault. I should have been there. If I had answered the phone at least one time then maybe he wouldn't have gotten to you. And you sure it's the same nigga?"
"Yes but Jay it's in the past."
"Where is he?"
"I don't know."
"The way you're connected I doubt that."
"....."
"He ain't getting away with this shit."
"He's too highly connected."
"I don't give a fuck. He raped my wife two times too many."
"I can handle it."
"Bey he was too comfortable to come back."
"Please, let it go."
"Why you defending this nigga?!"
"Because I already know what I'm gone do."
"Bey-"
I held my hand up, "I'm going to try this the right way. If it doesn't work then his ass is dead."
"I thought you wanted to leave that life?"
"I didn't say I was going to kill him myself."
He nodded, "So what now?"
"I need you to forgive me. I made mistakes and lied to you, yes. But I'm not that girl anymore."
"Beyoncé it's not that easy. What if the tables were flipped? If I had held a secret from you for our whole relationship?"
"You don't think two years is enough?!" I slightly yelled but calmed down. "Can you at least try?"
There was a long pause, "Yeah, I'll try on one condition."
"What is it?"
"Therapy."
"For who?"
"You. Us."
"For us, I will. But I'm good, I don't need any help."
"Bey you just told me that it still haunts you. I don't want for every time you look at me it's a reminder of him." I looked away. "Look just think about it."

I drove home to see Brittany sitting in front of my door. How the hell she know where I live?
"Brittany-"
"Dr. C he won't let me see her." she cried. "I tried explaining everything but he just won't listen."
"Come inside." I don't need people in my business. We walked in and I closed the door. "Go sit in the living room."
I brought her a bottle of water, "Why won't he let me in her life?"
"I'm going to be honest with you. You left him with a young baby with no type of explanation for years. Then decided to come back because it was convenient for you. He doesn't want you to come in and then dip on Alana again."
"I'm a changed person."
"How so?"
"I'm older and more focused."
"Let me ask you this. Does your mother know that you're trying to get back in Alana's life?"
"No, but it's my decision."
"It was always your decision. What's different this time?"
"Me. I'm different. I'm not letting anyone get in the way of me being in my daughter's life."
I looked at her, "It looks like we're going to have to call in the big guns. Come on, you're going to have to plead your case to at least one more person."

Jay POV

"Annie!"
"Don't come in my house yelling."
"Whatever, where my kids?"
"In the back taking a nap."
"They just went down?"
"No, they should be waking up in a few. How'd it go?"
"We're going to work on it."
"I'm proud of you bro."
"Yeah but let me ask you something."
"Shoot."
"You not even the slightest bit upset about Eric? That was our big brother."
"What you mean?"
"Bey. Her killing him."
"The fuck you just say?"
"Annie, I thought-"
"Got you." she said laughing. "Of course I was pissed. Mama literally had to hold me down because I was ready to murder her lil light skin ass."
"How'd you get over it?"
"A whole lot of prayer and I went to get help."
"You went to get help?"
"Yeah because there were times it had been a little bit too much to handle. I had to get it together." I nodded.
"What y'all do today?"
"I let them run around at the park and then we got some ice cream."
"That's cool."
"Shawn, some man approached me while we were at the park."
"What man?"
"He gave me an envelope." she reached in a drawer. "Told me to give it to you."
I ripped it open, "Dammit."
"What?"
"You remember what I told you a few months back?" she looked at me with a blank stare. "Well he still has the offer on the table according to this."
"I thought you declined it?"
"Yeah I did but people like that don't take no for an answer too well. I was sure they left it alone since nothing's been happening."
"What are you going to do?"
"I don't know, I might have-"
"No! You can't do that!"
"What choice do I have?"
"I hate to say it. But you're wife's family-"
"Nah. I'm good on that. I'm not calling them. I don't even like them."
"Look if they find out that you're connected to them then maybe they'll back off."
"I'm not asking the people who killed my brother for shit!"
"Didn't you just say that you're trying to work things out with her?"
"Yes, her. Her family is still doing what they've been doing. I don't need their help."
"When shit hits the fan, don't say I didn't warn you."

Two updates, minutes apart, like the Carter Twins🤗

Anyways, what's going to happen next🤔

Comment. Vote.
Love y'all (not all). Mean it😇💖