Chapter 2

I wake to the smell of food and blood.  I open my eyes blinking to clear the fog. I sit up and I feel warm and safe.  "Morning Encre... Did you sleep well?"  I hear.  I see Grillby laying beside me.  I nod and smile.  I see he has a wound on his shoulder and I ask "Are you alright? Does it hurt?" His eyes widen and he laughs "Of course I am, it didn't even hurt!!!"  I smile then frown.  "Did... n't... Didn't... Is that a shortened version of Did not?"  I ask curiously.  "Uh... Yeah."  He answers looking at me like I am crazy.  I lower my eyesight and bow my head.  "What... What are you doing?"  He asks.  "I am sorry..."  I mutter.  "Don't be sorry you just asked a question, now lay down and relax kid..." Grillby's says getting up.  "I bet I am older than you."  I mutter but lay down.  "Huh?  How so?"  He asks.  "I am over one thousand years old... Maybe two... I lost track of time after year one thousand six hundred forty three..."  I mutter.  "I guess you are an old person then..."  Grillby laughs.  I nod laughing softly as I try to get comfortable.  "And to think... He looks like a child..." I hear.  Moments go by and there is shouting.  I listen in and hear "THERE ARE ONLY TWO SKELETONS HERE!!!"  "I HAVE ANOTHER SKELETON IN THE BACK ROOM!!! AND THEY ARE OLDER THAN EVERYONE IN THE FUCKING UNDERGROUND!!!"  "NO ONE IS THAT FUCKING OLD YOU CRAZY FIRE!!!"  I stand up off the bed then ease myself to the floor and then crawl to the door.  I get up and open the door and the shouting continues as I slowly make my way through the doors.  I open the final one and there is a gasp.  I am gripping onto the door frame.  "I TOLD YOU SO!!!"  I hear.  I flinch and shake in fear.  I am in a baggy T-shirt and the pants I woke up in.  My shackles clatter together.  "Encre... Come on... You can walk to me right?" I hear Grillby's say.  I look to see him a few feet in front of me.  "WAIT YOU ARE THE ONE MY BROTHER HAS A CRUSH ON!!!"  I hear suddenly and it distracts me.  I tremble even more and Grillby says "Come on... Ignore loud mouth and come to me."  I nod and take a shaky step.  I take another but I hold onto the wall.  "Come on! Let go of the wall!"  I hear someone shout.  I let go of it in fear and I close my eyes tightly.  "Ignore the fucks!!!"  Grillby says.  I open my eyes and nod slowly.  I shuffle slightly to get on balance again.  I take a small step and I am trembling hard.  I hear an impatient growl and I force myself to move forwards.  I stumble and fall.  Laughter fills the air and tears leak from my eyes.  I do not even try to get up.  Grillby picks me up to see my hands.  I am not bleeding but I am wounded.  "You should be bleeding..."  I hear him mutter.  "I bled out completely years ago..." I mutter.  I hear a choking sound.  I look up Grillby and he picks me up as if I was a child.  He sets me down and I see food in front of me.  "Come on... Eat."  Grillby says.  I look up at him to see him leaning forwards.  "I...-" I start but he says "Just eat kid."  I sweat drop hard.  "Fine fine... You old person."  He laughs and I blush.  He strokes my head and I smile up at him.  His hand is set on the side of my head and he kisses me suddenly.  The room goes completely silent.  It feels nice and it is not lust driven.  He pulls back blushing.  "Now eat brat."  He says.  I smile brightly at him before saying "Alright."  I eat slowly and it tastes so good.  I eventually finish and then I hear  "So kid..."  I look up to see Grillby busy.  "Hey! You bitch!"  I hear.  I feel fear grip me.  "Ugh bug off!!!"  I hear.  I turn to see a skeleton like me but a lot more threatening looking than I am sitting boredly. "Pay attention to me!"  I hear suddenly and then I see someone's hand raised towards me.  I cover my face and I am shaking.  "For fucks sake! Do not raise a hand towards the kid! He is fucked up as it is!" I hear Grillby say.  "What gives you the big hero award?"  I hear.  "Because I personally like my life, and this kid, so I would not raise a hand towards them again if you don't want Nightmare after you." Grillby says.  "Who is Nightmare?"  I hear someone laugh.  "A person who can and will brutally kill you over and over again till they see fit."  Grillby says.  'Nightmare can do that?'  I think looking at Grillby in awe.  I am looking at the tip of his flame on his head and it is much like his head.  Suddenly I get hit in the back of the head.  Grillby looks over as I rub the back of my head.  I turn around to see some tough guy.  "I don't give a shit about that Nightmare guy."  They say.  I am about a fourth of their size.  They go to hit me again and I grab their hand on instinct.  They are trying to move their hand out of my grip but I am staying still.  "WHAT THE HELL!!!" The monster shouts.  "LET GO!!!"  He shouts.  "Say the magic word." I state emotionlessly.  "What?"  More than half the room says including the person.  "I guess I will have to settle for something else." I state smirking.  "Encre... Let go of their hand..."  I hear an unfamiliar voice.  I then see a person I hate and I squeeze down.  Loud cracking is heard and then screaming.  I let go of their hand.  My eyes switch colour and they become on edge.  "I will not let you take me back there."  I state.  Their mouth opens and my eyes narrow.  "Encre... Listen... I know what you went through was not ni-..."  he starts and I just cross my legs and I just look at him.  He is choking on words and then shuts his mouth.  "You always attack..."  He says.  "Well I am challenged due to where you had chained me..."  I chuckle.  Grillby is on edge.  "How do you know each other?" Grillby asks.  "For me it was about one or two centuries ago.  I had finally escaped.  I had saved up enough food to completely refuel my system, and I made a portal and landed here.  This shit is a friend of my ex lover and captor.  He had to almost dust me to bring me back.  He chained me to the ground and he is the reason I cannot walk... I could have been living happily in someother universe but he brought me back to that... That... Bastard... And I will kill you Papyrus... I bet my life on it."   I state.  "Then try to right now."  He says smirking.  I use my speed and I throw him out of the door.  I roll and then have to dodge.  I flip myself up and onto my feet.  I use magic manipulation to help me move.  He shoots bone attacks at me.  I jump and spin.  Next thing I know I have a bone embedded in my right shoulder.  No HP damage at all.  I rip it out of my shoulder.  "How did he take no HP damage?" Papyrus mutters.  There is no blood either.  Monsters from the place we were in are watching in shock or amazement.   I kneel sideways before using my speed to go the opposite way and he puts his back to me and I punch him down.  I use my arms to snap his spine.  His HP is at six.  I see his brother staring his eyes wide. My eyes get colder as I see him so close to death.  My legs give out and my head is spinning.  Papyrus smirks at me.  And I see silver shards in my leg.  I then see the smoke.  I use a bone attack and shoot it straight through his skull. I feel remorse and sadness as I look at his dust.  I feel my soul ache hard.