Chapter 1

"Why?"  I mutter feeling my soul starting to break.  Suddenly I see a swirl of blue light and I move slightly to hide from being seen.  I see things exiting the light and I move to see a person.  They are glaring down at me, but there is something about them.  "Is someone in here?"  I hear.  I am scared but I move slightly.  "Yes."  I mutter.  Their eyes meet mine and theirs widen.  I move closer just a bit closer to them and I feel warmer right away.  "Why are you here?"  I hear.  "He stopped caring about me timelines ago..."  I trail off.  "Who?"  The person asks.  I go to answer and then bang... I cannot answer the question.  "Who... Who... What... Was his name?"  I say placing my head against the cold stone floor since my hands are out of reach.  "You... Must have been down here for a long time." I hear.  I nod.  "Six or was it... Oh, how many timelines..." I mutter confused. They kneel down in front of me and I look up at them.  "If the others find out about this... I am going to be a laughing stalk."  The person says breaking my chains.  "Can you walk?"  They ask.  I shake my head no since I have not moved in at least two centuries.  "Here... I will pick you up."  I hear as my mind is spinning suddenly.  The smell of blood fills the cell and I hear a groan before I black out.

I wake up to humming and laughter and it startles me.  I open my eyes and look to see a small child looking person.  "I am glad to see you awake!!!"  They say happily.  I look down to see bandages across my chest and that I am in a bed.  Joy and excitement fill me as tears of happiness start to leak from my eyes.  I smile while crying.  "Are you alright?"  They say.  I nod smiling the brightest I have in centuries.  I wipe away my tears starting to laugh.  "What is this guy?"  I hear and I slowly stop crying and laughing.  My face becomes emotionless as I stare at my hands and wrists. Scars and wounds scattered across my body, and three to eight chain links dangle from my shackles that held my wrists above my head against the floor.  "How long do you think he was alone for?"  I hear.  "May I... Inquire something?"  I ask.  "Sure."  The child looking one says.  "Where is he... The... The one who saved me?"  I ask.  "What do they look like?"  I hear a harsh voice say and then I see him... The one that kept me in the cell.  I feel tears leaking from my eyes and a great sorrow and fear fill me.  "Encre... What is wrong?"  I hear then he reaches for me.  I flinch away and terror is clear in my eyes as I look down and away from him. "Hey, you were just happy two seconds ago!!! What is your-"  I hear.  I had begun to sob and beg quietly. "Speak up!!!" I hear someone shout. I am shut into a silence. "Get away from him... You... You are the one who did that to him didn't you Fallacy!!!"  I hear.  Suddenly I am being held and everything just stops as I feel myself in the air suddenly.  I see them, the one who saved me.  I am set down suddenly and I look down at myself to assess myself.  I see I am wearing pants and am covered in bandages.  I see my shackles and then I look up at them.  They kneel down to in front of me and wipe away my tears.  "Are you alright?"  He asks.  "I... I believe so... I never got to know your name... My... My name is Encre."  I say nervously.  "Nightmare... My name is Nightmare."  He says helping me up. My legs are trembling hard and he goes to let go of me and I grab onto him in fear of falling.  "Oh yeah... I forgot you cannot walk... And right now is a horrible time to help... We need to hide you."  Nightmare says. I nod smiling up at him.  He blushes bright purple at that.  He brings me into him and then lifts me up carrying me.  

Time skip...

He is resting in the field of some place I do not recognize.  He is getting water and supplies, at least that is what he told me.  Right now I am laying down in the field of flowers of great amounts of colour. I can feel sleep falling over me as I lay there.  I then see a stick and I reach for it. I grab it then sit up, and begin to think.  It is a pretty big stick so I use it to help me up.  I start to stand with it and I force myself to stand.  I am trembling as I go to take a step and I collapse falling to my knees.  I feel frustrated but I continue to try to walk.  

Hours go by and I become worried, as thoughts fill my head.  I feel someone rubbing my back and I go to shoot up but I collapse forwards.  "Encre!" I hear from a distance.  I see Fallacy and I feel arms go around me.  I see the blue light and then it is gone.  I jerk forwards and try to get out of the grip of the person holding me.  I thrash and I make it out of their grip.  "Encre... Calm down... Please..."  I hear feeling arms holding me gently. I see the black arms and I relax, calming down.  "I... I am... Sorry..."  I mutter turning into them.  They hold me like I am precious to them and I wrap my arms around their neck and they rub my back which is really soothing.  I pass out in their arms feeling safe.

A couple hours later and we are in some sort of town or village, we are walking around, or at least he is holding me up while I am walking.  I am beginning to struggle again and I am having incredible difficulty walking.  His arms go around my waist as I collapse down.  "You are getting better Encre." Nightmare says gently.  I nod and I pick myself up with his help and I push myself a few more steps. "Come on I believe in you." He says and I feel confident in myself again, so I push myself forwards.  I trip and his arms go around me again.  He laughs while I blush hard. "Are you hungry?"  He asks.  The thought of food makes my mouth drool. 

We are eating and I am eating happily savouring every last bite I am eating.  "Encre... How long has it been since you last ate?"  I swallow the bite of the burger, or at least that is what he called it and I say "Three maybe four years... Before that, I had not eaten for two decades..."  The room becomes silent. "How could you care for a person like that?"  Nightmare asks me. "He was never like that before... He was always so sweet and kind to me... I do not know... What I did wrong... He just stopped caring about me suddenly."  I answer sadly feeling tears in my eyes.  Tears leak from my eyes and I feel a pain go through my soul. Suddenly I see Nightmare holding my soul, and I panic.  "Encre... Why is your soul so cracked?"  He asks and flashbacks go through my head.  'You are disgusting...'  'You tramp!!! You slept with a servant!!! I know you did!!!' 'Look at you on the floor, so weak... So defenseless.' I hear. Tears are pouring from my eyes and suddenly I hear "How did you..." "Look at their tears, they are different colours." I hear.  Suddenly my soul feels light and I feel a hand over mine.  "I found you..."  I hear suddenly.  I see Fallacy in the reflection of a mirror on a wall.  "Encre... Get to the back."  Nightmare says standing up.  "I cannot move on my own Nightmare..."  I say in a panic.  "Encre crawl to me now."  I hear.  Suddenly I see someone Nightmare called Grillby rush over to us.  "Protect him with your life Grillby."  Nightmare growls.  "Come on Encre..."  Grillby says picking me up carefully.  I close my eyes and he rushes past people and closes and locks several doors.  I can feel the air become cold and he wraps me in something.  I open my eyes to see I am wearing a jacket and I am then wrapped in blankets.  "I will come to get you soon."  He says.  I feel so warm and safe as I nod smiling.  "Thank you... Grillby..."  I say gently.  They blush and smile back before leaving me and stacking something up and he disappears.  I feel tired so I fall asleep in exhaustion.