They Help You (for Julia)

Start from the beginning

That's when I heard the voices of two boys.

"Hey! What are you doing?" They shouted at us.

I looked up and saw 2 boys, I could barely make out what they looked like because of the tears in my eyes and the poor lighting, but I could tell one had brown hair and the other was blonde.

"None of your business, now come on Julia! Let's go!" Mark shouted, picking me up once again by my bruised arm.

I screamed out in pain, which caused him to drop me. I landed face first, onto the concrete, which caused me to have a nose bleed.

"DUDE! Are you insane!" The boys shouted at Mark. They ran over to me and helped me up. I looked at Mark and then back at the boys.

I could hear Mark walk closer to me, but the boys guarded me from him.

"Let me see my girlfriend." Mark stated, crossing his arms, trying to act tough.

"I'm not your girlfriend anymore, Mark." I cried.

"Yes you are, you're not allowed to break up with me."

"Dude, yes she is, now run away, before I call the cops on you." One of the boys said.

I looked up and saw Mark huff in anger and walk away.

The boys turned to me and asked if I was alright.

"No, I'm not alright." I admitted. I walked back over to where my phone was laying on the ground. I picked it up and of course, it had thousands of cracks all over the screen.

I also received another text.

Peter (chem guy): I'm really sorry Julia, that was meant for Alice, not you. 😬

I chuckled slightly to myself and texted him back.

You: No problem, see ya in chem.

I turned my phone off and started to cry even more. How could he do something like this?

"Want us to walk you back home?" The boy with blonde hair offered.

"I can't go home right now. I live with him." I admitted.

The boys looked at each other and nodded.

"Do you want to stay with us for a little?" The boy with brown hair asked.

I chuckled slightly.

"I appreciate the offer, but I literally just met you two, I don't even know your names."

"I'm Sam, and this is Colby," the blonde one said.

"I'm Julia, now that we're on a first name basis, I still can't accept your offer." I didn't want to invade their home, even if they did just save me.

"Julia, where else would you go?" Colby asked.

I thought about it for a second, my only friend just went out of town, that's why I was hanging out with her yesterday. Besides her, I don't have anywhere else to stay.