The Monotony

Riley's POV
"Alright children, listen up. You all have today in class to write your essays. I expect you to peer edit on your own time and your papers will still be due on Sunday." Everyone except Farkle groaned followed by a "yay" from the turtle neck boy himself. "Now break into your partners!" My father yelled from the front of the room. "So..." i said as I reached Zay, "you sure you're ok with doing this project? I can assume it might be a little hard for you considering it's so--""I'm fine Riley." he cut me off harshly. "Ok then" I sighed sitting down, "so what do you want to write about?" "I think that we should make it about whether or not our country is racist." he told me. "And which one will we argue?" "Well that part's up to you princess. We'll make our first body paragraph about how the police are going around shooting black guys: take three incidents and describe them and we'll also put in something about how people react when they see a black guy on the street, and how some shop owners make black kids leave their backpacks at the door. Then in the second paragraph we'll talk about how black people seem to be the ones in the worst neighborhoods. It's a huge generalization but how else do we defend our society?" "Are we going to give any suggestions as to why black people are in these bad situations?" I asked, taking notes of everything Zay suggested. "Oh yeah sure, we'll put that in the third body paragraph." "And what are we doing to say about it?" I asked the adorable boy. "Well there are a few reasons. One is the theory of your only as good as your parents: at the end of the civil rights movement black people were seen as people but were still low in ranking. As the generations have passed the gap has lessened, but it's still there, partially because, as much as we try, it's extremely difficult to be too much more successful than our parents. Another reason is because some people look at us black people and see shady drifters selling drugs on the street. Which obviously not all of us are, but these people won't figure that out because they don't want to get to know us as people." "I'm so sorry Zay." I sympathized, rubbing his shoulder. "It's not your fault Riley. It's just the way the world turns."

Lucas's POV
"So, I don't know anything about this one." I confessed to Farkle. "Don't worry, Lucas." he assured me; his voice was so comforting, "I got an idea." "Oh really? I asked, intrigued, "and what is this idea." "It's just gonna be all about the fact that we're all human no matter our skin color." "Nice, anymore specific details?" I asked, trying to peek at his computer. "You're adorable." he chuckled. We really weren't good at keeping our feelings for each other secret, were we. "You free after school?" He asked, finally looking up from his computer. "Baseball tryouts." i told him; he nodded. "Over the weekend?" He asked again. "Totally free." I answered with a smirk. "Great. I'll see you tomorrow morning. Ten am sharp. don't be late." "Yes sir." I saluted, "Ten sharp." He chuckled again before getting back to work. "So what are we writing exactly?" I asked, with my chin sitting on his shoulder. "You're so annoying." he laughed. "Awe I'm sorry." I whispered in his ear, "I'll make it up to you this weekend." I saw him flinch for a split second. "Glad to see my words still have an affect on you." I whispered in a low voice. his breath hitched sharply and I smirked, proud of myself for moving him like that.

Smackle's POV
"What are we doing again?" Maya asked, playing with her hair. "We're writing an essay, Maya." I told her. "Oh yeah that's right, and you're gonna do it for me?" "Maya, I still need your opinion." I told her. "OK fine. you can come over this weekend and we can talk about it then." she suggested, still staring at her hair. "Ok fine." I agreed as the bell rang. "Hey Isadora!" Charlie greeted, falling into step with me. "Good morning, Charlie." I greeted. "You know you deserve a better partner than her." he told me, pointing at Maya, "You shouldn't have to do all of the heavy lifting." "I know I might be a little girl, but I am fully capable of lifting things by myself." I responded, flipping my hair and walking away. "That's not what I meant!" I heard Charlie whine after me.

A/N::: Why is Smackle me? Like that last scene I actually based off of something that I said to someone. Love you all Xoxo -Emma

Song-"Something Big" by Shawn Mendes(my baby daddy)