Chapter no.50

Hello to my MDC lovers!
I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST MY HEART IS RACING RIGHT NOW.

You made me the happiest person in the world. I have been getting so many comments lately. And this is the part I love so dearly. I try to read all of them and reply. Knowing that you like what I write is thrilling. Thank you guys. I love you all so much. I'm sad this book is soon going to come to an end because I ship *Camerinne* so hard.
(That's the best shipping name I could come up with.)

But I'm sure you're going to love it when I start publishing "His Obsession" and you will ship Angelo and Celine just as much. Please tell me if you come up with a cool shipping name for these love birds.

Here's your update.
Enjoy.

*******

Meryl's POV:-

My eyes opened to a bleary dark room. The smell of varnish and wood made me sick. Trying to sit up with an incredibly heavy head, I realised where I was. The broom cupboard in the room where Corinne had been tied up.

Dragging my body forward, I peeked through a small crack in the door, to only ignite more anger within myself. Corinne, the poor girl. I could hear her sobbing quietly into her lap as she lay motionless on the tiled floor. Her hair stuck to her back and forehead in a mess of dried up blood. The prick had hit her. No tears came out of her eyes but I could tell she couldn't take it anymore. She never deserved this. But it would be over soon. I promised. And Calvin would die.

He wasn't in here but I knew he was watching us.

I let the door creak open as her sobs ceased for a moment to look up at me. I rushed to her side scooping her up in my arms. My friend. My beautiful sister. She finally broke down.
"Y-your a-live!" She exclaimed.
I sighed.
"The prick told you I was dead didn't he?" I knew he did that. He was notorious for his mastery in mental torture.

As contradictory as it sounded, I loved her. She was like a sister to me. She had brought my brother to life with her love. And this is where I pulled her with me? I would never forgive myself.
"Ssshhhh!" I rubbed her gently as she cried into my shoulder.
"Sa-sa-ve h-h-im!" I frowned at her not really understanding what she meant.

I sat her against the wall and brought her water to drink and a first-aid kit.
"Let me-" she grabbed my hand before I could dab her wound clean and shook her head.
"M-Meryl save Cameron. Please. Calvin called him here but look....." she pointed to a wire. I traced its path as it ended up behind her on her back.....in a time bomb.
Oh shoot.

"He said....as soon as Cameron steps in.....we both die."
Biting my tongue to stop myself from uttering profanities, I cleaned her wound and she sipped on her water.
"You don't have to worry. We both love him too much to let something happen to him." I assured her.

I had to cut away the wires to deactivate the bomb. But I knew I had to do something to distract Calvin first.
"I'm sorry." I said after a while.

She shook her head.
"You had to do it. I understand now."
I pulled her in for a hug.
"Cori I......I might never get the chance to tell you....I like someone."
She smiled at me. Despite the pain she felt.

"What?" I asked.
"My dad used to call me Cori." I smiled back.
"And I know you like Mariano."
"How-"
"I saw you looking at his pictures yesterday maybe....I lost track of time."

I blushed slightly.
"He will like you." She said after a while.
I hoped so. But I highly doubted he would like a criminal.

My heart skipped a few beats. The time bomb was ticking. Only fifteen minutes left.

The sound of footsteps made us both jump in alarm.
"Meryl...!"
"Ssshhh!" I gestured for her to stay quiet.

"FUCK!" We heard someone cursing in an echoing whisper. And then the sound of a CRASH!!!

And that someone was my brother.
"Meryl! Go stop him. Tell him I'm not here."
"Bu-"
"Meryl please he-" the door opened with a bang and we watched in a trance. Cameron stood in the doorway looking tired and breathless.

Before I knew it, I was next to my brother and hugged him tightly.
"You're okay......both of you." He whispered as if he couldn't believe himself.

I watched as he took a step towards Corinne.
"NO! STAY AWAY." I heard her scream.
"Corinne!" He called confidently.
"....I'm here to get you out."

"You're not. Just.....leave." she said quietly.
"What?"
"Meryl take him and go."
"Wait....what? No!" He looked between the two of us.
"MERYL GO!" I pulled at his hand in mine but he had no intention to move.
"I'm not leaving you."
"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? JUST GO CAMERON."  She screamed at us and looked at me once to plea.
"Not so fast." My heart filled with dread hearing Calvin's familiar voice.
I knew it was about time he made an appearance.

"What did you do?" I pulled Cameron back slightly as he tried to lung at Calvin.
"Ooooohhhh! I did this." He walked up to stand behind Corinne to point at the time bomb. That's when my brother noticed it and his face turned pale.
"NO! YOU SICK FUCKING BASTARD! LEAVE HER ALONE."

"Say your goodbyes my sweet." He taunted Corinne who was silently glaring at him from the tiled floor.

"I am going to kill you....."
"NO!" Cameron stopped struggling. Calvin had a gun pointed at Corinne.
"One move and she dies sooner."

Calvin laughed seeing the three of us helpless. That was what he had always been. Utterly heartless and cruel. Not a shred of humanity left in him. Or did he even have it ever even as a child?

I loathed myself for ever falling in love with him. How could I have been so stupid? How could I have not seen what he was?

I forced myself to tear my gaze away from his sinister face and to fix it on a gun lying under the bed. Exactly where I had hidden it.

I just had to pick it up without Calvin knowing it.
My heart picked up. What I was about to do was risky.

I backed away a few steps from my brother as he glared at Calvin and Calvin glared back. Good. Keep it up brother!

I looked at Corinne to see her watching me. I nodded at her and she nodded back.

I bent down carefully as quietly as possible and smirked slightly as my fingers felt the cold metal hilt of the weapon.

But as soon as I held it, the sound of a gunshot just behind me and a THUMP! of someone falling to the floor hit me hard and I turned around with Corinne's scream piercing my ears.

********

Note please: This book is coming to an end. Just two more chapters to go. So I was thinking.....and I entered my book in the Golden Pen Awards 2017 in public forum. Please check this book out if you want to enter too. And please vote for me when the public voting starts.
(The date has been mentioned in the book. Check my message board for the book.)

I am also considering entering this book in the watty's this year which start in August. So please I need more votes than ever. Share this book as much as you can.

You guys are the best.

Ashley.

*******