Chapter no.17

"Excuse me?" Merleah almost yelled at Corinne.
"What?" Corinne asked incredulously.

"I don't like this dress......it's way too less revealing." she commented.
"Way too less revealing?" Corinne raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fine with it and it's beautiful." Corinne said sulkily.
"But I'm not fine with it and you're NOT going to wear it."
Merleah huffed in a dismissal tone.

Twenty minutes into the shower and Merleah began to bang on the bathroom door.
"Are you going to die in there?" she bellowed making Corinne even more annoyed by the second.
"LEAH.....ONE MORE MINUTE......"

.....

"Don't move until I'm done here."
Corinne sighed.
She knew she was at Merleah's mercy today and she had to be patient.
Leah blow dried Corinne's hair and straightened it out.

The smokey eye makeup made her look stunning.

"I bet everyone's going to drool over you." Leah commented wagging her eyebrows.
"Oh......really?" Corinne asked with a fake gasp batting her eyelashes.
"Of course.......that hot billionaire boss of yours doesn't know what is waiting for him."

Corinne bit her lip. Now that she paid attention to the fact that Cameron would be there too.
After that chaos with the paparazzi and her crying, it would be awkward for her to face him. Of course she had worked with him in the office till late at night after that but tonight would be different.

She didn't know how would it be like to spend the evening with him like this and she couldn't help but feel nervous and giddy.

Taking her black clutch in her hand she dropped her wallet and phone into it and walked out of the room.
"Enjoy yourself......and I want every detail okay?" Leah said.

"What details?" Corinne asked even though she was well aware what her best friend really meant.
"You know......you two decide to......take it to the next level and just in case you get heated up in passion.......and then he gets horny-" she said but Corinne cut her off.
"Bitch-"

"Love you too bye." Leah said literally pushing her out of the door.

*******

Corinne sat nervously fidgeting with her fingers. She was a fashion icon as they called her and she had been to all important events like award shows, movie premiers and red carpet events but that wasn't what was making her feel queasy. It was Cameron. She didn't know why but suddenly these feelings were sprouting up from within her and for some unknown reason.

Each time now she saw him, her heart would squeeze in pleasure. But why?
She didn't know why but she had to admit this man out of so many was having this effect on her. That day when she'd been crying in his arms, it'd felt so right. The strange sense of euphoria washed over her even thinking about him.

But was it the right thing to do?
Letting her heart make its choice while her mind warned her? Would the past repeat itself?

This could end up in any of the several possible ways she could think of but she knew she had to try. What did Cameron had in him that she was finding herself being pulled towards him so strongly?

How would love end up this time?
In betrayal like it had before?

She was jerked out of her thoughts when the limo came to a stop at the main entrance to the venue.

A chauffeur opened the door for her, exposing her to the blinding flashes of the cameras and all the uproar from the crowd.

A hand snaked around her lower back and she looked up to find Cameron looking at her intently. He silently placed a small kiss on her cheek inhaling her scent and Corinne looked down feeling the red colour flooding her skin.