Chapter no.7

Corinne's POV :-

I tried hard but I just couldn't get myself to concentrate on what I was doing. I just couldn't.

Cameron told me yesterday that I needed to start working on some new fabric designs for the upcoming events this season. Annnnddd......here we go. I'm thinking of him again.

My work is my life or even more than that. I love what I am but just right now, it's all being ruined by myself or my mind to me more specific.

My professor at my university used to say,
When your profession becomes your passion there's no way to stop you.

And I always smile remembering that now.

A few more minutes after bugging myself, I dropped my sketching pencil and sighed putting my head on my working desk.

I suddenly jumped out of my skin when I heard a deafening clap of thunder. Yes it was still raining. It was nearly thirty hours now and the rain only stopped once or twice.

I didn't know what to do so I turned on my bluetooth speakers to full volume and turned up the volume to one of my favorite songs.

I'm a good dancer luckily and I began to sway my hips with the loud music echoing around my room. I wouldn't hear the doorbell if Merleah came back from work so I put my cell phone near me on the table and enjoyed my music.
The lyrics fit so well with what I felt right now.

Sitting on my bed with just a t-shirt on........
Turning up the volume to my favorite song.......
Boy I can not lie.......
What we did last night......
You know it's constantly replaying staying on my mind......

I'll show you what I like boy boy boy........
If you show me what you like boy boy boy.......
I'll show you what I like, show you what like, like........
If you show me what you like boy........

If I had a choice......
If I had my way......
Boy you'd know we'd do it....
Every single day.....

But then I was cut off by my cell phone ringing. As I thought it was Merleah. I sighed turning off the speakers and rushing to open the door.

She was soaking wet.
I'm so dead.......

She glared at me before coming inside and rushing to her room. She dived into her closet and pulled out some dry clothing.
She was pissed off and by the looks of it, it wasn't just because of me not opening the door quicker. Something else was wrong too.

She stripped out of her wet work clothes and went to take a shower. She wasn't talking to me? But I understand why. She always does that when she's pissed off and I also better not talk to her right now.

I quickly heated some food for both of us and sat down at the kitchen counter when she came down and sat down next to me.
After a minute or two, she speaks.

"I hate him....." she blurted out abruptly.
I looked at her raising my eyebrows.

She was silent and it got on my nerves and so it was my turn to be angry.
"Speak.....before I lose my temper. " I said in my anger flushed face.

She sighed.
"I hate him Corinme. My boss. "

"Who's he? " I asked.
"Dylan Carter. The owner and CEO of the company and he made me work outside in this bad weather." She said almost in tears.
"So why are you soaked wet like that? Where's your car? "

She was red in the cheeks. Was she hiding something?
"I.....it's in the office parking lot. "

I looked at her intently and she shifted uncomfortably in her seat.