Chapter no.6

"Oooo! Cameron......." Merleah teased.

Corinne groaned in frustration. It had been two hours since Corinne came back from work and she was still in her work clothes. Thanks to Merleah Robins and her irritating habit of talk and gossip about the *hot guys * .

Merleah persuaded on knowing every detail.
"Nothing happened okay? " Corinne whined.

Merleah squealed again for the millionth time.
"Okay......" she said taking a deep breath trying to calm herself down.
"........so how do you like it? I mean working there........with.......him? " Merleah finished her sentence meakily.

"Ugh!.....Leah one more time and you'll regret....." she screeched and Merleah raised her hands in surrender stumping off her feet on the floor and dashing to her room slamming the door behind her.

Merleah sighed getting up and stripped down naked for a relaxing bath.

She dressed into her pj's and went to bed.

*********

Corinne's POV :-

Zuzzzzzuuuuuu! ........
My phone buzzed furiously against my bedside table. The vibration got even louder against the wooden surface of the table.
I groaned.

I picked it up at last sitting up in my bed and pulling the cover upto my waist.
I looked at the caller ID and gasped.

*Cameron Kalebs*

I picked up the phone looking at the time. It's five in the morning. Why the hell is he calling me now?
"Hello! " I said.

"Corinne!.....I need you to come to my office now." he said in an irritated voice.

I shivered. It was the first time he'd said my name directly like that.

"What now?" I asked.
"Now.....hurry up. Only ten minutes for you. " he hung up.

"What the hell...?" I thought exasperated.
I reluctantly slipped out of bed and quickly took a shower and put on a formal backless black dress that reached just above my knees.

(Corinne's dress on the side)

I took my purse, my penthouse keys and car keys from the coffee table and rushed out of the door. I locked the door and unlocked my Volvo.
Within three minutes I was speeding down the empty roads towards my work place.

My phone buzzed again and I saw a text from Cameron.

My coffee......

I sighed and stopped my car in front of Angelina's.

**********

No one else was there yet because it was too early for work.
I walked into his office with my eyes down trying very hard not to trip on thin air as sleepy as I was, yawning annoyingly.

I entered without knocking and slammed his coffee down on his desk. I sat down in a chair and took a sip of my own strong coffee.
"Miss Braylon......you are late....."

I looked at him incredulously. Was he crazy?
"Whatever......" I muttered.

Cameron's POV:-

I was so irritated with myself. I couldn't seem to get her out of my head no matter what.
And I knew I wanted to see her. I had slept five hours only.

I opened my laptop sitting down on the side of my bed. There were a lot of emails to be answered and a lot of paperwork to be done. This was my chance.