Chapter no.9

Cameron's POV :-

Me and Corinne were headed for an Italian restaurant a few blocks away from the office building for our meeting with the chief executive officer of the financial department to discuss the company's progress.

Working with her for these few days felt like the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me.
She was my PA and also the senior fashion expert for the company but her beauty, confidence, intelligence and amazing skills made me feel like she was my business partner rather than my employee. 

Corinne's POV :-

After a long video conference with Mrs Bayers and her associates, me and Cameron were headed to an Italian restaurant just a few blocks away from the office.

It was just a half day for me today while the rest of the employees were on their holiday season off.
Today was the last day of office. It was Christmas Eve so tonight we were going to have some fun time with family and friends.

Merleah's parents were coming to Paris for Christmas and we were going to pick them up from the airport.

I was more than happy to leave as soon as possible. I was so far successful in ignoring Cameron completely for the past two days. But I could feel his burning gaze on me.

Finally we arrived at the restaurant and I quickly got out of the limo as one of Cameron's bodyguards opened the door for me. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

We walked in and a waitress showed us to a private booth and the chief executive was already seated.

The meeting was beyond boring and I tried hard not to fell asleep.
At last, it was over and we were free to leave.

I pulled my trench coat tightly around my body as it had started to drizzle and the wind was bitter cold against my skin.
We arrived at the office building twenty minutes later and now it had begun to rain harder. It was one in the afternoon and I was doing some pending paperwork.

The intercom buzzed and my heart skipped a beat.
"Corinne......in my office......" he said in a soft voice and an involuntary shiver ran down my spine as my name rolled off his tongue.

I walked into his office and knocked once and entered.
"Mr Kalebs? " I asked.

He was seated in his chair working himself with a pile of paperwork.
"It's lunchtime. Are you hungry? " he asked.

Well yeah I was hoping to get something to eat.

I just shrugged rolling my eyes slightly.
"Let's go then. " he said standing up.
"Where to? " I asked.
"Anywhere you want. " he said with a wink.

I blushed slightly looking away.
What was that about?

"Excuse me? " I said raising an eyebrow.
"Don't you want lunch? " he asked.
".........oh....yeah.....I...." I stuttered.

The rain stopped for a while when Cameron drove in his Mercedes to my favorite cafe.
The car stopped outside Angelina's and we took our seat at the table next to the large windows.

I sipped on my chilled latte completely ignoring the sexy billionaire in front of me. I was never the one to be nervous but this man always made me feel like that. I wasn't interested in any conversation with him.

There was uncomfortable silence between us when Cameron started the conversation. He told me about plans for the new office building for Kalebs Fashion Inc.

I came to know that Merleah was working on the interior decoration and once I was back from Christmas holidays I had to make sure everything was right in place. We also had a New Year reception to be planned and I also had a fashion show to organize so it was a lot of work.