Chapter no.15

Another day started with the annoying sound of the alarm clock going off and Corinne was brought out of her deep sleep. She opened her eyes with a start and looked around. She narrowed her eyes at the small alarm clock while the innocent little thing just stood there ringing. (Note the sarcasm )

Last night like every other night had her all restless and irritated. Her dreams seemed to be filled with nothing but a pair of certain grey eyes that seemed to always pierce right through her soul when their gaze fell upon her. It could have been just any dream to her but Corinne was well aware whose eyes they were and what effect did they have on her.

She could still feel that intense hot gaze as she sat upright on her bed running a hand through her morning hair to smooth it down. She tried to push that feeling away to the back of her mind.

Groaning internally at the state of her mind and due to insomnia, she unwillingly pulled herself to stand up straight. Who in the heck would wake up at five in the morning? And just because she was working with and for the most arrogant sexy billionaire didn't mean she'd spoil her beauty sleep and look like a zombie with bags under her eyes.

Jumbled up in thoughts of a certain someone she dragged her feet lethargically towards the bathroom to take a shower.
"Merleah wake up we have work to do. " she groaned knocking on Merleah's door before going for a shower.

Slipping out of her pj's she jumped in for a quick shower. The cool water relaxed her tired body and she felt a bit refreshed despite the fact that she'd indeed spent the entire night tossing and turning in bed with only four hours of sleep.
Wrapping herself in a towel she came out finding herself sigh in relief that she wasn't going to be late for work.
Putting on a navy blue dress that reached past her knees she padded barefoot across her room to look for her heels among the chaos of her closet. Five minutes later she succeeded in pulling out a pair of white high heels making a mental note in her mind to reorganize her closet later.

 Five minutes later she succeeded in pulling out a pair of white high heels making a mental note in her mind to reorganize her closet later

(Corinne's dress and heels)

She banged her fists on Merleah's door once again looking at the wall clock that read 5:40 am.

Suddenly the door cracked open as Merleah unlocked it Corinne walked in and saw as she dropped onto a loveseat next to the window in her room and suddenly dozed off again into sleep.
"MERLEAH ROBINS GET UP THIS INSTANT......OR ELSE."
Corinne bellowed making a sleeping Merleah jump in fright. Corinne would have laughed at herself because she sounded like a mother rebuking her teenage daughter. But her mind was way too much screwed up to see any humour in her own screeching voice.
"I'm up I'm up........" Corinne watched as her friend dashed about in her room in haste to get ready.