"You're leaving?" There was hurt in her mother's eyes along with a hint of worry.

"We are on a tight schedule." She answered simply.

Rochelle hadn't told Lady Giselle about what had happened at the castle. She had simply said that she was going to to Caim for a mission of utmost importance. She hadn't lied exactly. Just hid the important details.

"Are you sure you won't stay the night?" Her mother asked, still not letting go of Rochelle's arm.

"I apologise, your grace. But I wish to set sail before sundown." Captain Sheratt answered and moved forward to offer his arm to Rochelle.

Lady Giselle reluctantly let her arm go but pulled her into a hug. It was awkward for both of them but they got through it. They had a large gap to bridge but Rochelle felt that they had already covered significant ground.

"Stay safe, daughter. I'm sorry for everything." Lady Giselle whispered into her ear before stepping back She smiled but didn't let Rochelle answer before turning to go back into the Villa.

Rochelle turned to her brother next and offered her hand. Sebastian shook it firmly and said, "you'll always be welcomed on Lysander."

She inclined her head in gratitude and with one final wave, took the captain's arm and headed towards the docks. Graham flanked her other side and the three of them navigated the bustling busy streets.

"How long were you out there?" She couldn't help but ask as they sidestepped another hawker selling the last of his wares. The day was almost over and many sellers and their respective buyers had gone home. But a few still littered the streets preying on the stragglers.

"We followed right behind you." The captain finally answered. "I gave Finn orders to see to the supplies and uncle was put in charge of handling the pirate crew."

"So most of the day." Rochelle mused out loud.

"Well after what you said on the docks we were convinced you were heading to your own execution." Graham mumbled from her right.

"And you were worried about me?" She teased. It was satisfying to see Graham scrambling for words to deny her claim but Ford beat him to it.

"Of course we were!" the captain exclaimed.

"We weren't!" Graham refuted. "We just had to get back to the mission."

"I feel so cherished." Rochelle rolled her eyes and they walked the rest of the way to the dock in compatible silence.

The sky had turned russet and gold as the Sun sank beyond the horizon. Vermillion gently rolled on the turbulent waters of the Great Sea and Rochelle smiled up at the war ship. It was comforting to see her again. Even though Rochelle's heart felt lighter, she still had many tests and dangers ahead.

And she just couldn't wait to get started.

"You're back!" Jimmy rushed up to her and gave her a hug just as she stepped onto the deck.

She hugged the boy back and then stepped further to give Graham and Ford enough space to get onboard.

Finn came up and smiled at her before turning to his captain. "All supplies have been restocked and major repairs made. We believe Vermillion shouldn't have trouble getting us to Caim and back."

"Good to hear." Ford said. "-- and--? What about them?"

"Handed over to Lysander's security forces. The Weardomese army shall take charge of them by tomorrow morning."

"Excellent. I think we should set sail immediately." Ford nodded at her and then led the way to the captain's gallery. Finn followed close behind, barking orders at the crew as he went. Jimmy also scrambled off to follow orders with one final mock salute.