Chapter 12 *I'm Still Alive!

Start from the beginning

My cheeks flamed, and I fake glared at Katie and Leah.

"On one condition:" My mother spoke in English for what seemed to be the first time in years. "No sexual activ-"

"Mum!" My cheeks flamed like a furnace, and went almost bright red.

:: Max ::

I raised a knowing eyebrow at her.

Liz and her mum went to the door, and the 'Dragon Lady', as Liz called her left for the weekend; as she'd said in Spanish a moment ago.

"Why are you two boys looking at Liz like that?"

"Oh, no reason mum," Alex shot a cheeky grin at me.

"Jared," I reminded him.

He shut up immediately; and I grinned back at him.

"What about Jared?" Katie asked, a hint of...was that jealousy in her voice?

Oh, I was getting so confused with love.

***

"Right, the parents have left, and the Flynns are back in business!" Alex shouted across the house, literally as soon as our mum had called telling us she was on the plane; squealing with excitement as she's found out where she was going.

Katie grabbed us all suddenly, pushing us to our cars. "We need outfits,"

I rolled my eyes. "You are such a girl,"

She raised her eyebrows challengingly. "Only just realising, Maxy?"

I growled, resisting the urge to clench my fists at one of my best friends.

:: Elizabeth ::

Max scared me slightly with that growl. I put a slightly shaky hand on his arm, and he looked at me; his expression softening.

"Thanks," He murmured. "Go shop with the girlies - I'm gunna grab some food with my twinage,"

I grinned. "You are such a guy, Maxy. And I know something you don't," I smirked at him, before sauntering off, shaking my hips the tiniest bit as I walked off to Katie in Hollister.

"What the freak, girly?" Katie asked, picking up a navy mini skirt.

"Huh?" I ripped my gaze away from Max's sexy casual stance. Now I was so confused. "I was daydreaming about him, wasn't I?"

"I wasn't even looking but my guess is, uh, yeah!" Leah said with a knowing grin, walking up to us with two cups from Starbucks, with Alex behind-

Wait. Alex?! What was he doing in Hollister?!

"What're you doing in Hollister, Alex?" I asked suspiciously, and whipped my head around to Katie; as she successfully dropped the skirt in her hands.

"Sorry," She mumbled, picking it back up again.

Alex smiled warmly at her, and her cheeks flushed pink.

"I came to give Katie her hot chocolate, since Shorty only has two hands," He winked at Leah, before walking back off to my forbidden lover.

"The nerve of some people!" Leah hissed quietly, narrowing her eyes at the door.

***

Katie drove us home, and Alex and Max drove in their own cars back to the house.

"Right. We girls are going to get changed and do hair and make-up," Katie announced, starting to make her way upstairs.

I groaned, and Max growled in the back of his throat. How the hell did I hear that?!