The Talk

I'm walking through the corridor of my castle when I hear someone call out to me. "Emma, honey I would like to speak with you for a moment," I hear the voice say. I turn around and its Queen Nani, my best friend's mom.

"Sure, Queen Nani, what is it?" I ask as I walked up to her. She smiles. She grabs my hand and we walked to the garden. "Oh sweetie, it's just.. well how's it going for you on your studies you know to become queen?" She asks. I was baffled by the question she was asking me.

"Im doing fine, I'm almost done, but I don't think I'll become queen just yet, in due time though your majesty," I respond. "So I heard that last night you and Robin had to do a project together since you know you both are of Royal blood," she says with a big smile on her face. "Ah yes."  I responded.

"It was awesome, we had a lot of fun and Robin did an awesome job with his part of the project." "Really?" She asks again with a big smile on her face. "You're the first one to tell me this," she says as a tear of happiness came rolling down her cheek. Her smile fades and she sighs. "What's wrong Queen Nani?" I ask.

"Oh I just remembered when you two were little and for everything you guys would be together, I just loved it," she says. I smile and nod. Robin and I have been friends since we were little ones. I've honestly grown fond of him but I think his mom thinks otherwise. She is a noble and kind woman but when she sets her mind on something there's nothing that changes it.

And to my luck Robin is an heir to a throne so that means she probably wants me to be with him. Which I can't accept because I don't love him. We continued to talk and I notice Neal walking by for like a fourth time. Neal is the captain of the guards and was once the love of my life but now he's just a dumb memory. I know he kept walking back and forth so he could try and listen to our conversation.

He passes by again and our eyes lock. I could feel my heart beat super fast that I didn't notice that I left queen Nani talking by herself. She noticed this and sighs. "Are you still in love with Neal, Emma?" I turn away from his gaze and sigh. "I'm sorry, what?" She gives me a straight face. "I saw the way that you were staring at Neal, so are you still in love with him?" I start to get nervous.

"Umm..." I say then cough. "No, he's already in the past, I mean it's just, I'm over that..." I say nervously. She squints her eyes and nods. "Well I'm glad to hear that." I smile and nod. She can't know that he's only half way out of my heart. "You need a good man at your side my darling," she says and I nod. "Oh your majesty, if I could only find one," I say and sigh. She smiles.

"Well you never know he might just be around the corner," she says. I stay quiet as the queen is smiling like crazy. That's when I see Robin walking towards me. "Robin, I'm so glad you're here," she says. He nods. "Hey Em," he says. I nod and he hugs me. His mom gave me a big smirk and I turned red. "Hey Robin?" I say. He turns around and looks at me and smiles. "Yeah?" "Good job with the project we did yesterday and when you did your part you did it like super awesome."

He smiles. "Thanks Emma." I look over at the queen and she is still smiling. "See son she's the only that has complimented you for the project isn't she something else," she says. We both stood there quietly. He coughs. "Mom, I need to go with Emma's dad he has invited me to go riding with him." She claps and smiles. "That's great." Robin nods. "Bye Robin," I say and he gives me a hug.

He walks away leaving me alone with his mom. "Sweetie, come," she says. I am getting nervous and a bit irritated. I mean I love her she's been associated with my family since like ever but I don't want to marry her son and that's what she's been implying this whole time. "Sweetie my son is 25 and you will be turning 23 real soon.." I nod. "I... well it's just you need to find someone to marry, you need to find a suitable match that will accompany you for the rest of your life..." I nod.

"When I find the one I love I will make sure to spend the rest of my life with him but in the mean time, I'm enjoying my life and just working on new projects for the kingdom and spending time in the village." I respond. She smiles.

"See that's why I love you Emma, you have an awesome spirit and a tender heart." I smile. "Well I have to go your majesty." She nods. "Well I shall see you for dinner, tonight your parents and I have some news to share with you." I smile and bow and walk away.

As I'm walking away I couldn't help but wonder what type of news they are going to share with me....