S1-47 | Good-bye ♠

Start from the beginning

"Get to your flanks. Let them do it. Stay away from the borders. We will be taking the East route." He said and disappeared in the crowd. Someone grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the men. I looked at Tasha. Her lips were pressed together firmly. The image of her horrified expression yesterday flashed briefly in my mind.

"Tasha...I...last night, I didn't mean to-"

She shook her head, "I know it's not you. I was just surprised no one told me about this and seeing a red-eye again after centuries caught me off guard."

My steps faltered. The image I saw in the mirror when I faced Roarke in the dining room resurfaced in my mind. It felt like a distant image from a dream. My other eye was red like the old hag's. And it's a fact that only a royal blood could have a red-eye. I was not a royal. So what does it make me?

"We will talk about this later. Right now, I need you to be ready. We may not be going to war but we need to protect Jonah if anyone decides to attack us."

I nodded. My problems could wait. Right now, a battle was coming and no one can predict the outcome.

"Wait, where is Ella?" I asked, looking around the hall that was now empty, aside from me, Ella and Yuan.

"She's with Chris. I want you to get your weapons quickly and stay in Jonah's room until the troops are ready to depart."

Another explosion was heard. Shouts of men followed along with the hiss and sharp clang of blades.

I hurried to Jonah's room and found him by the window looking down at the men grouping together in an orderly fashion; some were already on their wolf form flanking either side of the army. For a moment, I couldn't get my mind on the number of men coming from different directions. There must be thousands of them and more are still coming.

"They will come back right?" Jonah asked his blue gaze still pinned at the sight.

My throat closed up. I swallowed painfully and crouched down so I can look at him completely. I smoothed his black hair and stared at his clear blue eyes. His somber look made him looked more mature for his young age, and yet the innocence mirrored in his blue eyes was not amiss.

"They will. Your brother will lead them home. They will win." I assured him.

"But that means they will have to kill Honey. There will be too much blood spilled." He turned back to the window; his blue eyes had turn cold.

"My brother had too much blood on him already. It's swallowing him up." He murmured.

I placed my arms around him in a hug. "Then we will have to be here when he gets back, so he can be himself." I whispered and he nodded, returning my hug.

Just then the door of his room opened and a fully-armored soldier stepped in. I started to frown but then he closed the door behind him and took off his metal helmet. I gasped as I stared at a sheepishly smiling Ella.

"What are you doing Ella?!"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm going Honey. I can't let Chris fight alone."

I started to shake my head. This was wrong. Roarke had entrusted us with Jonah's safety after all.

"It's a war Honey and I don't know if Chris will come back to me. I have to make sure. "She said determinedly. My hands fell down to my sides. Against the face of love, how could I manage a retort?

"Then I will come with you. Just as we had plan."

Ella shook her head. "No. Jonah and Tasha need you here and after last night, it's better of you to stay home. "