twenty-five

-soo byul pov

i clenched at my unfinished m&m's pack. three thoughts popped up into my mind:

1) who the fuck are you

2) why the fuck do you want areum's 'mom'

3) do you want a fucking m&m

"uh, ma'am....?" the male said, talking with caution. i looked up at the dude who almost made me throw my last green m&m at him.

he wore a mickey mouse sweater with too-big sweatpants. for the shoes, he wore flip flops, and in attempt to cover his messy hair, he wore a santa hat that said jingle my bells. he really needed namjoon here to fashion him up.

despite of his unique style, his face was completely concealed. black sunglasses, black mouth mask, black hat. he kinda looked like a gangster, a hawaiian mickey mouse is my jam agent from men in black.

"ma'am. i'm asking you a quest-"

"whY, YES, HELLO. i was just admiring your well thought out clothing. great fashion, man. i mean, you could get hired to model for victoria's secret, that's how boss you ar-"

"that wasn't my question." he leaned forwarded, crossing his arms. "i'm asking for areum's mother."

oh, so dude wants to fight? i ain't gonna step down that easily-

i also crossed my arms, standing on my tippy toes to seem taller. "we need an identification card from you first. unless you have one with you right now, i won't tell you private information about our patient." i resisted the urge to dab.

the male snorted. "who do you think you are, bossing me around? i have my OWN reasons to look for my- areum's mother. and oh, by the way, are you fucking high, doctor? i just saw you asian squatting on the ground, moving your chubby ass finger around that m&m pa-"

"sHUT UP," i said, ultimately making the fist (like the arthur meme). i had no idea who he was, but i had enough of his shit. it was time for me to make a difference.

i extended my arm, focusing on that dude's stomach.

that's right.

i punched him.

i gotta admit it was a good punch, too. i used to take taekwondo classes, and i actually enjoyed it until the coach gave everyone a sticker except me. i high kicked him in the face, and that was the end of my coaching lessons.

the man groaned and doubled over. i watched as his abdominal muscles automatically tightened and the body, particularly the shoulders, curled inwards. he pointed at me, as if saying, she did this to me.

i looked around, and pretended to look innocent, being that anime girl that has those short skirts and big eyes.

it didn't work.

a whole crowd gathered for the 200th time, and soon enough, seokjin came with a rather tired look on his face.

"soo byul, please don't tell m-"

"SHE FUCKING PUNCHED ME," screamed out the man.

i flipped my hair to indicate the lack of fucks given. the man groaned in response.

seokjin brushed back his hair. "soo byul, see me at my office please. hoseok, please take him to the main center. check for any injuries."

i stared at seokjin, shocked. a trip to his office was a trip to hellhole.

"jin, he insulted me! and he refused to show his ident-"

i was RUDELY interrupted when the man somehow flew from his laying position to clap his hand over my mouth.

"MMMMMMMMM," i protested, but the man simply ignored me and carried off with his speech. "i totally agree with seokbin or whoever you are. now take her away. please. to the office you go!"

"MMHMHMHMMHHM," i screamed. the man nodded. "see? she agrees!"

seokjin just sighed again and took me by the ear to his office. the man finally let go of my mouth, but seokjin simply replaced his hand to make me shut up. on his way to his office, i thought of more colorful names to call seokjin.

when he finally took off his hand, i was thinking of a name that consisted of "old man" and "a rotten gummy bear." couldn't think of one.

"SEOKJIN. THAT GUY WAS ACTING VERYYYYY SUSPCIOUS, HE LOOKED LIKE A FREAKING HOBO THAT FOUND SUNGLASSES AND A HAT. AFTER THAT, HE INSULTED ME. I'M SO SHOOK RIGHT NOW, AND YOU SIDE UP WITH HIM? I HATE Y-"

"shut up, soo byul. either way, you could've called me or even jimin to help you control that guy. i don't even know why i hired you," he said, shaking his head.

i stuck out my tongue. "i really, really, really hate you. you don't even understand me. and besides, he wanted areum's mother. what do you except me to say?"

seokjin furrowed his eyebrows. "areum's mother? but i signaled every person in her contacts, how did he not know?"

unless he wants areum. i bit back those words.

seokjin sighed. "anyways, back to YOUR situation. apparently, you have been causing a lot of trouble in this hospital. you've been giving me a headache, along with jimin's failed surgery, too."

i flinched. "why did you call me here, then? i've got some plans to do, you know. i still haven't finished my m&ms-"

"my point is," continued seokjin, locking eyes with me.

"the head director and i agreed to transfer you to another hospital."